3 step xbox game backup guide extremely easy

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by semaje, Apr 13, 2006.

1. semaje

semaje Member

ok anyone who wants to no how to burn an xbox game really easily dis is how its done in 3 steps

1. ftp files from xbox to pc

2. use a program called qwix to make an iso image of the folder you ftp'd containing the xbox games

3. burn using any program u wish that can burn iso images i would recommend dvd decrypter.

now heres the programs you will need and wat you will need:
    1. a modded xbox that allows you to play backed up games and an ftp program

2. a dvd burner doesnt matter wich one really

3. a program called QWIX, just goto www.yahoo.com and type qwix and then click on the very first option and follow the prompts to download.

4. a program called dvd decrypter you can get it from this location: http://www.mrbass.org/dvdrip/ then just click on the download link

5. an ethernet cable for connecting ur xbox to ur comp and vice versa depending on ur setup (this guide is based on a direct connection)

6. an ftp program on ur comp as well (if u dont know how to ftp there is a good guide on how to do that in the afterdawn forums)

ok now i wont explain the ftp part of the process as someone has done that in another forum but i will say u need to ftp the "D" drive of your xbox or the one with the game in it. now when u have the files on ur comp open up the qwix program and click on the "create iso" button on the left hand side, then there are three option things but you just need the "locate folder" option and on the right hand side of that there are three little horizontal dots, click on these then locate you folder with the xbox files in it then click on it once so it turns blue then click ok now your folders directory should be displayed then just click on create iso down the bottom then select where you want the iso to be placed on the computer (it will take up about 4 or 5 gigs or if its a big game about 6 7 or maybe even 8 but it will shrink it abit when you burn it). so now you should have an iso image on your computer with the xbox files inside it and a disc with enough space for the iso image so now open up dvd decrypter, then up the top click on mode the goto iso then click on the option that says "write" then on the left side of dvd decrypter you will need to select you iso image file as a source and then below that you will need to select your dvd burner as a destination then put the emptey dvd disc in the dvd burner then down the bottom click on the big button and it will start burning when finished try it out if it doesnt werk try and retrace your steps to see if you have done anything wrong if you still dont know then post a comment in this forum and i will try and answer your question.

thanks to afterdawn for this excellent website has helped me alot & thanks to steimy for helping me get it correct

Last edited: Apr 14, 2006
  2. mydadsfat

mydadsfat Guest

3. mydadsfat

mydadsfat Guest

nice tut

4. mydadsfat

mydadsfat Guest

thanks for posting this

5. steimy

steimy Active member

nice, almost everything is correct. But you need to read a few back up tutorials to get it 100% correct.

1. You do not need a chip at all, you can do this with a softmodded Xbox
    2. you do not need to copy it to the Xbox HDD at all so that is not a factor, you can FTP strait from the DVD Drive to the PC, then burn it after creating the ISO, which i think with something like Cration4 can be done in 1 step as it will create the ISO as it FTP's it.
    3. the cable you need depends on your set up, i know some use eithernet cables, some use strait through cables
    4. you should mention that the folder they need to FTP is the D: folder which is their xbox DVD drive that the game is in.
    5. backing up games tutorial is fine and dandy, but learning how to FTP, setting up the Xbox, PC, Qwix or Craxtion4, and the FTP program is the most important part. Without doing that you will not be backing up anything.

here are some real guides.
    http://teammodders.com/viewtopic.php?t=166
    http://teammodders.com/viewtopic.php?t=1951
    http://teammodders.com/viewtopic.php?t=128

6. mydadsfat

mydadsfat Guest

thanks good job u 2

7. steimy

steimy Active member

Mods, please get rid of that hugh annoying sig.