80g hd may have virus

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by jrock, Apr 24, 2005.

1. jrock

jrock Guest

i am looking at someones computer and have come to the conclusion that there hd has a virus on it or it is bad. first thing is they never had an anti-virus program on it. when i try to do some things on there system, after about a minute the computer just freezes. it won't even let me go into safe mode. i was able to download an anitvirus program on the system. butit won't let me run the program.
    question i have is can i hook this hd up to my system as a slave drive on try and run an antivirus program on it, or should i just leave it alone becuase if it does have a virus it will spread to my master hd?? also how can i get the info off of the bad hd that is still there, or is that info gone forever?? i know that this thread was kind of long, please forgive me...

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if have a spare hd, load windows, antivirus & antispyware programs on to it than put the sick hd as slave so can do scan. if have no spare hd than set sick drive as slave onto your computer & run everything in safe mode but make certain your antivirus & antispyware are up to date before you install the sick drive