8mm to DVD

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by jweave, Dec 27, 2006.

1. jweave

jweave Member

I'm using Windows Movie Maker to capture video from my Sony DV camcorder using 8mm cassette tapes. WMM automatically saves the captured video as a WMV file. I then use Nero to burn the WMV file onto DVD. Once burned onto DVD...I can then view it on my TV using my DVD player, however the quality stinks. How can I get exact quality from my 8mm tapes to DVD? Help.

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

3. jweave

jweave Member

Wow...best answer so far. Thank you so much for this link. I'll give it a shot.

4. dilligaf9

dilligaf9 Regular member

jweave.... forget the computer , go out and get a Sony vrd mc3, they are about 200.00 bucks. That is all I use on my 8mm recordings, the picture quality is amazing. Only draw back is it records in real time so a 1 hour tape will take 1 hour to copy...

5. jweave

jweave Member

Never knew this thing existed. Looks really cool. This route seems alot easier, but a little expensive. If the Movie Maker thing doesn't work out then I will pursue this device. Great advice. Thank you so much.

6. xjwrench

xjwrench Member

try using fire wire, worked for me same camera too..
    good luck

7. dmark

dmark Guest

dilli, I also have a VRD-MC3, opened the box, started reading the user guide, have some questions to ask of another user, and came to this forum.
    I am going from a VCR with only AV OUT. IF I try to buy or borrow a VCR with S-Video OUT will there be a discernable difference in the video quality on the DVD when I go from commercial VHS to DVD+R DL?
    Did I read that right that I can record to DVD+R DL but not DVD-R DL?