A few Questions about backing up xbox games...

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Betto, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Betto

Betto Member

Hi all . i recently got a modded xbox with the evox chip , and getting any games to work is proving difficult . i can put games on the h/d fine but i cant play any games it seems(Back ups or originals )

thats my first question

My next question is how do i make a backup of xbox games that only appear to be like 20mb when i make an iso of the disc ? ive made backups from other games (older games) and they worked fine , i was expecting the games to be about 3-4 gb .
    The games in question are The Godfather . and Driver parralel lines

2. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Godfather is over 1GB, so why you are getting 20MB I don't know. That is probably why it's not playing though, 99% of the game is missing.

3. Betto

Betto Member

sorry i wasnt clear before :)
    the godfather is an original game mate , i dont know much about copying xbox game but maybe this is some kinf of copyright thing? or maybe im doin sommething wrong ive triped these ways to build an iso from a disc:
    nero
    dvd decrypter
    Alchol 120%

but even when i read the disc from my pc it tells me the disc is 15mb or sommet ? no idea whats goin on but both these games im trying are original games

It seems some copied games work actually ? any body have any ideas , no originals will load

Last edited: Mar 25, 2006
  4. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

It sounds like you are just getting the short video clip you get when trying to copy with a PC. Yeah, there is a tutorial right in the backup forum which gives mucho info.

5. Betto

Betto Member

ahh i see is there tut any where for it ?

allso y cant i play original games?

because my xbox wont read the discs so i cant copy it like that :S

6. theridges

theridges Guest

you say you modded your xbox with a chip (Evox) but that is a dashboard not a chip....chips are Xecuter,Xenium or SmartXX...is there an on or off switch for your chip on the front of the xbox or anywhere for that matter if not that means your probably softmodded with the EvoX dashboard running.....there should be an option that says MS Dash in Evox click that then put in your original xbox game and see if it loads......

7. Betto

Betto Member

ok i followed your instructions but when i put in the disc on the ms dashboard it says - your xbox cant recognise this disc . make sure its an xbox game ,dvdmovie,or audio cd . allso check to see if the disc is dirt or damaged. remove the disc to continue . ((Thats with an original game ))

there is an off on switch for the chip and 2 other buttons , saying bay 1,bay 2 and flash protect i think? on the front of the xbox

8. theridges

theridges Guest

ok say your probably have an Xecuter.......i dont know what is wrong if thats an original game the xbox should read all games.it should also load the game from the modded dash so i dont really know the problem i will look into it......so no original game works not one but the backed up games do....ok i didnt read on your first thread where it said back-ups or originals sounds like your dvd drive is done and you will probably need a new one....did it just stop reading games or did it happen a while back????

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2006
  9. Betto

Betto Member

hi mate cheers for the reply , basicly a bloke offered me this xbox what he told me was modded ect and he said i could have it for 50 quid! so i thaught bargain...., but ive only ever got the odd copied game to work , the other copys i got with it dont work but i just thaught it was because the games were a little sratched

so i cant say when it started to happen because its never been right since ive had it .

allso i know im goin on about this but i cant make an iso of an original xbox game using my pc , the iso size is so small is rediculous, ive allso tried a program called "Qwix" but that didnt work either

10. Betto

Betto Member

right i think the problem with the making iso is the game is new , maybe its copyrighted

the games are the godfather and Driver :parralel lines

can anybody give me any info on how to backup these games?

11. theridges

theridges Guest

we just did but you cant back-up games unless you can ftp to your xbox....look a pc drive cannot read an xbox game becuz they are Xiso which the pc drive cannot recognize which means you have to be able to ftp them from your xbox preferably using a program like Qwix or Craxtion to create the Xiso on the fly while ftp. As i stated above if your dvd drive is gone and cannot read dvd's, then you cannot not back-up games.....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2006
  12. Mike581

Mike581 Guest

aryt man listen i got evox aswell and i can help

i have godfather and driver parallel lines, completed godfather, great game, drivers pish , waste of a disc lol

anyway ryt as the guy above stated, pcs cant read xbox games known fact, and to tell u right from the start godfather has no protection it was easy as any other game for me to make a backup, as for the reading error, hmm, is your disc scratched or tht? if so theres your problem, also have u tried running a real game while the chip is turned off?

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2006
  13. BigBoss09

BigBoss09 Member

Or you might be running a NTSC game on a PAL xbox or vice-versa

14. shivang

shivang Member

hey Betto can u tell me wat version xbox ur runnin.
    and also can any 1 recomend a great modchip that i neeed basicly to back up me games.

15. Betto

Betto Member

hi guys , i hav'nt tried ftp'ing on the fly using qwix but i have tried making the iso with qwix , the game is in good condition i just rented it from the video shop .

ive tried booting it with the chip turned off . allso doesnt work

i have 1 game atm that works fine but its sucks ! indiana jones :( (copied game btw)

i just dont understand why the game reads in my dvd drive for my pc as 13-14 mb or so its weird

16. theridges

theridges Guest

i just told you why is reads so low its because your DVD Drive cannot Read the Xiso and all it is Reading is a Movie Clip from the game.....and as i also stated above you will need to go buy another xbox dvd drive there like 30 bucks online go search and order and your problem will be fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2006
  17. Mike581

Mike581 Guest

hold on

we dont actualy no tht its fucked yet so give him time to breathe aye,

right he is right its only reading the clip and pcs cant read xbox games simple as that, now you might be runing ntsc games on pal or vice versa ok but there could be something else, tell me in detail what happens when u put the game in

18. Betto

Betto Member

when i put in the original game it does nothing with the chip on , as if there is no disc in the drive ,

If i put the game in on ms dash with chip off it tells me the disc in incorrect ,dirty ect . basicly its not there.

looks like im gonna have to d/l iso wich takes for ever :(

19. Mike581

Mike581 Guest

same thing happend to me, took it down to my local repair shop, fixied it totally up for £10 in dollars thts only about $6

20. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

For those of you viewing this thread having a problem when it comes to successful backups, this tutorial should help you through the process. Screenshots are included to try and ease understanding the process.

How to Backup/Copy Your XBOX Games
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/showthread.php?p=3397#post3397

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2006