A good inexpencive Personal laptop

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Me_, May 26, 2010.

1. Me_

Me_ Member

Any good cheap personal laptops for using on the internet to watch videos to use google earth?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

edit your sig to conform to forum specs ASAP. yours is 426x233
    2. An image-only signature should be less than 50kb in size, and be at most 500 pixels wide and 200 pixels tall.
    posts edited

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

second hand shop???classified ads in your local newspaper???referbised laptops at radio rentals or any other electronical retailer???We can't find a laptop for new cause we dont specifically know what you want.you can try the afterdawn buy/sell sections.An old pentium 4 with a decent internet connection will allow you to watch videos and use google earth.

4. Me_

Me_ Member

Thanks ddp! for telling that could of pm me since i need advice on the topic but thanks.
    Okay but i want to know what will be good in terms of speed and video card and all that..
    I don't know much about computers.

5. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

well it all depends on what you plan on doing.An old pentium 3 @ 1 ghz with 512mbs of ram will let you watch videos.A latest quad core computer will have 4X2.5ghz and minimum of 2GBs of ram.it will run alot smoother and quicker.if you plan on doing video encoding or playing games you want something with a decent graphics/video card.I'm sure if you do a google search it can explain all the computer terms.have a glance at the building a new pc discussion might have some good pointers in there.

6. vinzon

vinzon Member

Get an MSI, Asus or Acer. You can never go wrong with those brands.