ACTUALLY RE WRITE TO DVDRW HOW?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by NIZANTHOR, Mar 27, 2004.

1. NIZANTHOR

NIZANTHOR Member

I AM NEW TO DVD BURNING. I HAVE A NEW EMACHINE T2865 WITH A NEC DVDRW BURNER IT WILL NOT RECOGNIZE DVDRW DISCS AS RW; WILL NOT FORMAT OR ERASE SO AS TO BE REWRITTTABLE. THOUGHT QWEST HAD DUMBEST PEOPLE TIL I SPOKE TO EMACHINE TECHS, FINALLY GOT MS TECH SAID XP COULD NOT RECOGNIZE DVDRW AS RW, TRY XP DIGITAL MEDIA OS. BULL! JUST TRYING TO SELL ME A PROGRAM, WENT TO STORE TRIED TO FORMAT DVDRW IN A DISPLAY PUTER WITH XP DIGITAL, DIDN'T WORK. HAS ANYONE FIGURED OUT HOW TO ACTUALLY RE WRITE TO DVDRW?

2. NIZANTHOR

NIZANTHOR Member

sorry bout caps didnt read, read rules first.

3. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

theres a thread like this further up the forums with an almost identical problem

this is the link

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/78077

what make is the media you are using as it could well be basically shit media
    its what it sounds like to Me

4. NIZANTHOR

NIZANTHOR Member

thanks for the previous thread link, my computer does not recognize the discs as rw, only +- r, so i can't format as dvdrw.

as far as media i have tried memorex, tdk, compusa generic and imation.

perhaps it is the drive, is nec crap?

i brought a blank memorex dvdrw into compusa and tried to format it in a few different computers and they did the same thing.

are you guys telling me that you threw a dvdrw burner into your xp os and can format dvdrws with no problem? maybe i have cooties?

as i said this model came with a nec burner, i replaced the stock cd burner with a generic compusa dvd burner so i could burn dvds cirectly from one drive to the other, except dvd xcopy platinum doesn't work with the generic (compusa) drive but works beautifully with the stock nec drive; (BTW...DO NOT UPGRADE DVDXCOPY PLATINUM TO THE NEW 4.0 VERSION!!!) just takes longer with only one drive.

5. vodoo

vodoo Member

I had a NEC burner and it worked well but you need to upgrade the firmware!! memorex dvdrw never work for me use ritek brand.

6. NIZANTHOR

NIZANTHOR Member

ritek, will try. firmware? what, who, where?

i intend to replace the compusa drive, any suggestions best bang for the least buck?

7. Wise

Wise Member

8. vodoo

vodoo Member

Try upgrading the firmware first before buying a new burner,its not a bad burner.
    Wise has posted the link to the firmware page.