Adobe reader 8 pop up file?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by sugarlugs, Oct 24, 2008.

1. sugarlugs

sugarlugs Member

When I start up my pc a folder containing 6 Adobe folders opens up automatically, this all started when I updated to Adobe Reader 9 which I have now uninstalled and gone back to version 8 but this is still happening can anyone tell me how to stop this happening the 6 files contained in the folder are as follows .. Assets - Bin Debug - Meta Inf - Acrobat.com .exe - Mimetype and Version.xml.
    I have looked around in Adobe to try and find the way to stop it but cant seem to find anything a step by step guide would be really helpful if poss.
    Thanks in advance for any answers.

2. onya

onya Guest

Adobe has included itself in the start up menu. As soon as you boot up your pc...it boots up also. To fix this annoyance, follow the simple steps below...

Go to start then select run. A small box appears.
    Type in msconfig then click ok
    This is what you should see...

[​IMG]

Un-tick adobe. Click apply and then Close the box.
    Restart your pc for it to take effect.
    Voila! Adobe free.

EDIT: New I forgot something. After you have unticked what you want, you need to click on the General tab and reselect Normal start up and then Apply then a restart. Sorry 'bout that...better late than never I guess.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2008
  3. Peshtigo

Peshtigo Regular member

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  4. sugarlugs

sugarlugs Member

Thank you the start up thing worked a treat cheers for taking the time to answer

5. onya

onya Guest

We're happy to help.

6. roviw

roviw Member

hi, we have this problem as well, tried exactly what was suggested ( did it about 4 times) and unchecked the tick in the adobe box for the start up menu but after restarting the machine we still had the same problem, when checking the start up program window again the tick was back in the box again ! Arghhhhh
    Any help would be gratefully appreciated, it is on a pc using windows xp service pack 3.
    One thing I thought may help would be to remove everything and try to put version 8 back in , any thoughts on that please, thanks in advance

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check in startup in all programs to see if it is there as it sounds like it. if it is there then highlite & delete it.