Advice on Buying a new home dvd Player

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by brysonj, Mar 17, 2006.

1. brysonj

brysonj Member

Hello Everyone,

Now that i am enjoying my new dvd burner and hobby backing and burning dvds. I need some good advice first i need a program that will play the movies on you computer once the movies back up to my hard drive. second I am in the market for a "GREAT Home dvd player that will play all of todays and yesterdays formats with no problem. i am looking in the price range of 150-250 but could go a lil higher if needed. any help would be real nice thank you very much

John Bryson

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

the one to get is the Philips DVP-642 labeled as "You have it We play it"

PAL-to-NTSC format conversion--great for viewing non-region-encoded European discs
    Measures 17.1 x 1.7 x 9.3 inches (W x H x D)
    Plays DVD-Video, video CD, audio CD, JPEG image CD, and CDs loaded with MP3, MPEG-4, or DivX 3.11/4.x/5.x files
    Progressive-scan output for seamless, flicker-free images on HD-ready TVs; SmartPicture and 4x video upsampling enhance all outputs
    Optical and coaxial digital-audio terminals pass Dolby Digital and DTS surround signals
    Plays DVD-Video, video CD, audio CD, JPEG image CD, and CDs loaded with MP3, MPEG-4, or DivX 3.11/4.x/5.x files
    Progressive-scan output for seamless, flicker-free images on HD-ready TVs; SmartPicture and 4x video upsampling enhance all outputs
    Optical and coaxial digital-audio terminals pass Dolby Digital and DTS surround signals
    PAL-to-NTSC format conversion--great for viewing non-region-encoded European discs
    Measures 17.1 x 1.7 x 9.3 inches (W x H x D)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000204SWE/102-8905107-9992915?v=glance&n=172282

and its only about 55 bucks

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2006
  3. dawg1161

dawg1161 Member

hello there, just purchased a cyberhome 665 model at wal mart. 90$ it has all the outputs you need including hdmi(for my plasma monitor) it is one of those upconvert models i'm no expert on how it works but it did improve the picture quality from 480p to 1080p. it plays my originals and also my backups (dvd-r, dvd+r)and the usual mp3 jpg.
    if you have a wal mart nearby check it out.....good luck

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

thread teleported to relevant forum