anand91 xbox not working

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by anand91, Jan 18, 2006.

1. anand91

anand91 Guest

i just got a error 7 on my xbox,which is basically my hard drive is dead
    i called up xbox customer support and they told me that i need to replace the hard drive and mother board as a pair.
    so i went online to look for details then it said that i can fix my xbox without replacing the hard drive or the mother board.

if anybody has any info about fixing my xbox without replacing any parts,please help me out.

thank you!!!!

2. AXT

AXT Guest

If you buy a modchip you will be able to replace the HDD, however i don't know if anybody has done it without one. If your HDD is making a clicking sound when the Xbox start up you will need to replace the HDD, if not check that all the cables are plugged in. if still nothing i dont know.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2006
  3. anand91

anand91 Guest

yes!! my xbox does make a clicking sound,can you give me any info on that.

so IF I fix my xbox with a modchip,will it make the clicking sound go away?

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

The clicking will go away because you'll have a new hard drive. 8^} That just means that if you install a modchip, it'll let you replace your hard drive and not the m.b. You'll also be able to install a much larger hd and you'll be able to load and play your games right off the drive.

5. dikdimond

dikdimond Regular member

Your gamesaves,though,will be gone. No way to recover them if your hd is truly dead

6. Adnel

Adnel Guest

I need info in how to fix my Xbox. I tried intalling Evox/Evolution x in my xbox but something went wrong. now every time I turn on my Xbox it tries to boot up but then tha light around the Eject botton Starts Flashing Red and Green. I sended to my repair men and he sayd I erased te Xbox operating system plus The one from the chip I have in my Xbox. Is there anyway I could fix this or is my Xbox going straight to the garbage. Please give me something positive I really liked my xbox. I would really apriciated if someone would help me. :(