ANY IDEA ABOUT HTML ?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by jaguu, Jul 25, 2008.

1. jaguu

jaguu Member

I am a beginning programmer (first year). i built mine first website but i don't know how to put it on the internet. Do i put it on a server and then......

2. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

well first of all you have posted this in the wrong section (dont even think there is a section in the forum for this stuff)

secondly yes you will need to find a server to host you web pages there are some free ones out there but there a bit more limited to space.......

first year and your doing html would you find it better to do a more advance laguage than that. im learning in vb even more advanced than html or are you doing java scrip with it at the same time

3. jaguu

jaguu Member

yeah am doing all three plus flash and am learning after effect at home. I design with CSS

4. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

alright i see thats the same kinda thing that im going to be doing at the end of next year.

hope to be studing conputer scince but i rather aim at C++ than any other language

if you are doing advanced HTML and java then i would suggest looking at designing for small companies so you can get some extra ££ while studing (well thats what im going to do when im doing HTML and Java)

but this is the kinda thing you need - http://www.heartinternet.co.uk/inde...=freekeyword&gclid=CMaAt4_d25QCFQ-mQwodB20_lA

its already set un you just upload the web pages and other needed files and then pay for a domain name as well so people can get to it with ease

5. jaguu

jaguu Member

Thanks man. I just happen to start internship on the 16th if next month. are you in UK?
    i wanted to know if there are good companies there i could start with because i want to speak more english than dutch now :)

6. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

:) coming to the uk

at the moment im doing my A-levels so i havnt managed to get that far yet.

i dont know of many companies that need programmers at the moment (im sure there are loads though i just dont know of them).

but dont take my word for it i havnt really looked into companies in the UK that need programmers (anyways iv decided that im going to take a study year in japan so i hope to work out there anyways)

7. jaguu

jaguu Member

Its nice going to japan. i also thought of it since gaming is developing very fast in that part of the world. Oh i happen to be a beginning game maker too. have you ever heard of Game Maker? i use that to make simple games. only if i could let my friends play them on their psp.

8. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

yer im hoping to get a job out there programming for games or mobile devices (phone's pgd pda....)

sounds like your doing well at programming.

iv never heard of game maker ill look into it.

any way as a project next year i have to program something for a company in vb but im a bit ? at the mo on what to do. need to find something to do (likely making my own database boring)

do you know what they use for the psp?

once you learn the basics of loading prx file and run them with what you have programmed i think it is much the same as C++ iv never tried it but i have looked into it.

9. jaguu

jaguu Member

I have no idea what they use to do the psp. i am just scratching the surface. i have not dig that deep yet. i hope to do in the next coming semester though. (next month) i should go on internship for 6 months. and i thought going outside will be ideal since i am a beginning programma.

10. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

11. jaguu

jaguu Member

thanks man. now installing the CGWIN. good to have this. wanted something my class don't know. so far, everybody knows everything!!! :=)

12. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

well my teacher that i used to have was crap for vb i usaly knew more tham him sometimes lol

i asked him if i could making it so that numerical data could be added into a text box but he didnt know but then i looked it un and found out how to do it so he wasnt the best of teacher.

but i go a new one when i retern to collage :) and he apparently is skilled in vb (although its a crap language)

with that unix you need the psp tool chain and pspsk something it has it all that guide i linked

13. jaguu

jaguu Member

haha. i follow the steps to the point where i had to download the toolchain 20051202
    But i got a new one which is 2007 the latest i think. i reached some point in the tut where i was supposed update. i was supposed to type ./toolchain and hit enter but when i do, i get an error message which says
    ERROR: Set $PSPDEV before continuing.
    ../depends/check-pspdev.sh: Failed.

14. jaguu

jaguu Member

haha. i follow the steps to the point where i had to download the toolchain 20051202
    But i got a new one which is 2007 the latest i think. i reached some point in the tut where i was supposed update. i was supposed to type ./toolchain and hit enter but when i do, i get an error message which says
    ERROR: Set $PSPDEV before continuing.
    ../depends/check-pspdev.sh: Failed.

15. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

i have no idea i never realy got round to using it

when i get a new computer i may but i have no clue

may be the version of tool chain and the version of the unix

just google the error and see what you get it may just be a simple problem

16. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

moved to 'all other topics'