*********anyone who knows about evolutionX please read this!**********

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by exeeter, Jan 16, 2006.

1. exeeter

exeeter Member

Ok..I reciently purchased this xbox from a friend of mine who thought it was garbage. anyways...it was modded using the splintercell method with evoX dashboard. now i get the dreaded error 21 screen that pops up everytime i turn the machine on. now...my statement/question i currently have is this: I have a cat5 crossover cable. a reliable FTP program. and i also have the mIRC channel that allows me to download evolutionX. plus i have downloaded the file evolutionX Build 3935.rar and have looked through it. now from what ive read online im prettymuch set. but if anyone there can tell me what i should do next i would greatly appriciate it. any other info you need just ask me or you can im me just post if you want my AIM screen name and ill let ya know....thanks anyone who reads...

2. Papachop

Papachop Member

Download an EVOX boot disk from the usual places,burn it to disk @ slowest speed(preferably a DVD but CD-R will prob work aswell...) pop it in the Xbox, close the drive and turn the machine off and then on again, if the boot disk is working the EVOX dash will appear on screen, go into settings in EvoX, find out what the IP address is, point your FTP program at that IP, establish connection, FTP over the files you want, overwriting or deleting the old files, reboot, that should work.

3. exeeter

exeeter Member

cant i just delete the whole evoX dashboard...like every file associated with that program through FTP or i gotta just delete the program through the xbox console its self?