Are cheap replacement batteries any good?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by cagedonki, Aug 22, 2005.

1. cagedonki

cagedonki Member

I have a Canon xl1 and wanted to buy a couple extra batteries. There seems to be a big price difference between Canon's batteries and non-Canon replacement batteries sold online by places like batterymall.com. Has anyone had any experience using these batteries? Is the quality as good as a Canon battery? The difference in price where I live is huge, over $230 for a BP-930 as opposed to about $80-$90 if I order it online. Cheers

2. MilesAhed

MilesAhed Regular member

I purchased several replacement batteries from this site:
    http://www.camcorder-battery.org/
    including BP-522 and I have no complaints. Price is right and delivery is timely. Oh yeah, and the batteries worked as expected. No duds yet. :)

I don't know about your model but my Cannon camcorder has battery charging using the camera with a doohicky to plug into the wall, tying up the camera. So for about $19 I got a charger that handles BP-522 and
    has adapters to handle several other model numbers of the same type.

I forget where I got the charger but I googled and read reviews. It works fine.

3. fluffwitt

fluffwitt Guest

Hi, Have a look on ebay for a seller called vgamer3000. I have purchased two BP-522 batteries from him and are still going strong after approx 7 months. Take a look at the prices....you will not believe them.