Audio Drive needed

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by TheBunny, Oct 22, 2004.

1. TheBunny

TheBunny Guest

hi, can anyone pls post a link to an audio drive i need?,its VIA AC'97 Codec Sound Driver for P4VXASD2+ mother board model, id appreciate the help, thx

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what windows are you using as i have the same motherboard as you do. running p4 2.4celeron on ECS p4vxasd2+. go to http://www.via.com.tw/en/index.jsp. go to download drivers to the right middle of the screen, select O/S, select audio, select Via ac97 codecs incorporated into vt8233,vt8233a,vt8233c,vt8235 & vt8237 southbridge

3. TheBunny

TheBunny Guest

when i try going to that adress you gave it sais that the URL is wrong or something

p.s
    i use XP professional(service pack 2)
    and i got to where you said, and it doesnt have the model i need(the P4VXASD2+)

pp.s
    ok nvm it all, got it thx :p
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2004
  4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Your Mobo has a VIA Codec Sound Driver -look for 1.60a
    - it is available here :-

http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/drivers_sound.html

Although , some of those boards , the latest one, have the RealTek Codec Sound Driver -- you can always download both and try them! On the same page , it's number 3.32

Good Luck

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2004
  5. ddp

jeanc1, via has newer version 6.14 as i have the same motherboard as bunny & also that board is discontinued , last update was for march 2003 for bios

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

If you have the [bold] exact[/bold] same board as your friend ~~ then you are the doctor !

7. ddp

jeanc1, got the manual in my hand, bunny is not my friend as i don't know her/him except on this forum & i am not the doctor!!(That's Doctor Computer Logic in Barrie,Ontario who is a idiot),i am still learning tho iam more hardware than software especially component repair level

8. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Am not looking for an argument in here ! My post said if you have the [bold] exact[/bold] as this person -- you know better !

But just for spite, have a look at this URL: -

http://www.ecsusa.com/products/p4vxasd2_v5_plus.html

These boards are still manufactured and sold -- I took the time to phone a PC Shop , and inquire before posting , they have 6 in stock -- 2 are old style with Via Audio and 4 with RealTeK !

Regards ! and Happy Burning !

Smiles.