Australia + DivX/Xvid, mpg, vcd, dvd-r (mixed)...

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by C_Keen, Sep 8, 2005.

1. C_Keen

C_Keen Member

hi, im hoping a fellow aussie can help me out, i need a dvd player that player ALL divX/Xvid. multiregion, and mixed avi's on dvd-r .
    i just went to "the good guys" and wrote down a handful of model numbers to check on http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php i found a couple on there, but the rest returned no results. i hear or rather read a lot about cheap chinese players being some of the best, but here in Adelaide, Australia, i dont know of any place that sells any of those types of players, even in china town, i cant seem to find anything..
    So if any aussies are reading this and know whats good please post..
    as i say the main things is to play all manner of divx straight off torrents,

2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

see if you can find these 2 brand names.

Tongtel and conia.They are imported in to australia from china .Although cheap ,like $50 they will play anything but unfortunately they only have a life of about 6months to 2 years.

WE can get them in melbourne so i cant see why you cant get them in adelaide.Billy guyatts/harvey norman/myers etc stock them.

3. jsuen

jsuen Member

i know it's not a solution, but i use my laptop (with an s-video out) to play onto a TV screen - you could do the same if you have, say, a VGA card with a similar output.

i picked up an s-video + line out to RCA cable online for about 20 bucks, and it works like a charm.

4. sky456

sky456 Member

hi mate. if u can spend some extra cash i'd visit Asia Records on Hanson Rd, Mansfield Pk. Just ask the guy there for a Pioneer dvd player. It also plays divx/xvid. I'm not sure what the model number is
    but at $150 i reckon it's a good deal.

5. schmutly

schmutly Member

howdy...try a WINTAL DVDR-X20. It plays divx/mpeg4.mp3/+-dvd(r & rw)
    ect..It even has a USB & DVI link in front to plug in your flash drive (with all your pics on) and camcorder straight into .
    heres link.. http://wintal.com.au/dvd_players/10308045.html
    You can get one for $299 (it burns dvd and has built in tuner.
    If you know where Woodside is(just past oakbank) drop in and pick one up from PHIL at Northside Video Woodside.PH: 0883897058.
    Runs great all divx sofar(stargates mostly)
    Hope this helps ;-), Rob S