back up games using AR

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by brownkid, Oct 1, 2006.

1. brownkid

brownkid Regular member

ive been reading and i read somewhere that u can use action replay to back up games but u need the original versions of either mechassult, Splintercell, or 007:agent under fire is this true

2. theridges

theridges Guest

3. brownkid

brownkid Regular member

i have one more question...

i have a friend who fired his xbox when he tried to mod it using a mod chip...is that possible if i soft modded it...

if there can be a problem what are they...im still trying to figger out if i can do this by myself and what are the risks

4. theridges

theridges Guest

softmod and a modchip will do the same thing, a modchip is better though becuz if anything goes wrong then it is a lot easier to fix.....but softmod's are you just have to make sure to back-up certain files up etc....

5. brownkid

brownkid Regular member

so i dont have to worry about messin up my xbox???

6. brownkid

brownkid Regular member

so i dont have to worry about messin up my xbox???

7. theridges

theridges Guest

to install a solderless modchip is quite easy.....to softmod is super easy if you read over the directions a couple of times....

8. brownkid

brownkid Regular member

kk ty

9. pwhite23

pwhite23 Regular member

Dude, just stick to the softmodding.

Its alot easier and costs only about thirty bucks (AR and splintercell).

Where as the modchip costs around 50-200$ and intsalling it is more. Sure you might be able to get a good deal, but believe me its not all that great to have a modded xbox after a few months. Just kets boring, plus all the new systems comin out.

If I were you I would hold off on buying a modchip (if you were thinkin about it) at would buy something portable to mod.

Not only is it basically the same thing in my view its better becasue something portable can almost do the exact same things and more (including playing in the car) while your going to half to hall you pain in the ass xbox everwhere you go.

In my opinion just stick to something portable (ie: psp) and then hold off for the regular xbox, unless you really want to .

But believe me I am saving you and anyone who reads this the struggle, money and wastless hours spent modding an REGULAR XBOX when the psp or any other hanheld evice does the same thing AND MORE!!

But again, do whatever you want to do..

Cause I dont care :)

10. theridges

theridges Guest

Modchips are better than softmod's because if anything goes wrong it is fixable and the X2.6 is only 45.00 shipped and you can just put it in easily.....softmod's are good but if you dont know how to fix something if it goes wrong then your going to hate your softmod.....

and the psp is trash.........nobody plays games in there cars anymore only 8 year old's lol..

11. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

When it come to softmodding there is a chance you could mess things up, that is if you don't know what you are doing, to soft mod, you can use AR or hotswap your HHD.

12. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

yup thats why its...

Someone + question + afterdawn= softmodded xbox

lol

13. theridges

theridges Guest

yea i sofmodded my first xbox then bought a chip to fix one i bought off of ebay thats when i found out chips were great.....i like softmods but chips are better.....

14. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

Could you explain to me why you say chip are better, I believe chip are only good for broken xbox that isn't softmodded yet. If you got your xbox softmodded and got your eeprom save in a safe place you can fix any problem I think, I have never use a modchip so tell me why the chip is better.

15. theridges

theridges Guest

chips are better for multiple reasons other than being able to fix any problem easy, if your xbox gets banned off of XBL you can change eeproms, more options than a softmod especially with the 5th generation chips, also you can just do more cool things like change the microsoft load screen chips are extremely customizable if you dont like something about how the xbox looks a chip can change it......

16. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

Well like I said, I don't have any experience with the chip so I really can't put my two cense in, all I really wanted to do was modded my xbox to make backup copy of the games that I bought, I was getting tyerd of my game disk getting scretched up. Before I started I have consider the chip, untill I learn there was another way line the AR and hotswap, I try the AR but it didn't work for me, so I decided to try the hotswap, it took me a while before I understood the process, so hotswap vs modchip I'll have to take your work for it.

17. theridges

theridges Guest

AR works if you do it right.....i have softmodded over 30 xbox's

18. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

wow i only soft modded 12...

19. hlp4me

hlp4me Member

Well with the AR I bought two Mechassault and one 007 man underfire game disks trying to find the right one, not one of them was the right disk, so I wasted some money there, the AR plus the three disk. I only modded one xbox but I did it quite a few times, even an 80gig I was experimenting with which I lock and unlock manually by entering the code myself, I left the drive lock and the code on a peace of paper and misplace it. Now I have a 120gig in my xbox, the original xbox hhd and the 80gig that is still lock sitting in my desk draw.