Backing up games: from flashing 360´s liteon drive / ripping games to burning games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by kgleeson, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kgleeson

kgleeson Regular member

BY KEVIN J GLEESON

This is my solution to back up games on an xbox360 with the liteon drive
    i´ve wasted hours looking through and downloading dodgey info and programs to try and get it working and ive finaly found out how to do it.i promise you this will work! i know what your thinking. this is probably the 100th thread you´ve looked through to find out how to to do this and its probably some d**k just trying to f**k up your day giving you bad info.
    but please trust me and ill have you backing up games in no time.

so here we go........
    First of all you need to flash your liteon dvd drive in your xbox360.
    to do this you need a connectivity kit i used the ck3 with a *probe and it worked perfectly.you also need an xbox360 opneing tool. trust me! get the opening tool it saves a hell of a lot of hassel
    *(the probe is a must if you dont get it with your connectivity kit you have to solder tiny points in the dvd drive (F**K THAT!!)

search for "team xecuter" in google they have a excellent step by step guide on how to flash your liteon drive. the program you will download to use is ixtreme 1.5 use the jungle falsher it enables you to flash the drive in windows.its all in the team xecuter tutor.
    one more thing i would advise you to get an IDE TO SATA converter the xbox 360 liteon drive uses a sata conection.i have two sata ports on my motherboard but when i connected to it it wouldnt regester for some reason (F**KING HOURS OF MESSING AROUND).
    so i bought an ide to sata converter(about 7 euros) i unpluged one of the ide channels that had one of my dvd burners connected to and pluged in the ide-sata converter, connected the liteon drive and it worked.

so now we´ll work on the assumption that you have flashed your drive and put back together your xbox 360.

for this part you need to rip the xbox360 game onto your pc hard drive.
    there is different ways to do this. the way i did it worked, thats all i know.
    the method i used was hot swapping.
    first you will need the following.........
    1:a dvd drive (used externaly)
    2:a large dvd movie thats 7.8gigs (look for single disc movies with the special features on the same disc as the movie)i used kung fu hustle.
    3:a program called wxripper.

step 1.Take your dvd drive and open it up with a screwdriver
    take the top of it off you will see a cercular peice of plastic its for putting on top of the dvd to stick it to the spinning drive via a magnet.its either housed on top of the tray or inside the lid you just took off.get the the peice of plastic.

step 2:hook your dvd drive up with the top off to your pc but keep it on the outside on your desk.

step 3:install the program wxripper

step 4:eek:pen the tray on the dvd drive and load the dvd in the same as normal when the tray closes place the circular peice of plastic on top of the disc before it starts to spin.

step 5: when it has spun up if it starts to play just close the program thats playing it.and open the program wxripper

in the program select the drive that you have the movie in.
    press the hotswap tab and press stop drive.

step 6:when the drive has stoped without opening the dvd drawer take off the peice of plastic and remove the dvd movie replacing it with the xbox 360 game. then in wxripper press hotswap tab then press spin drive.

besdide the green arrow is a search icon press it to get the magic number.
    the press»file»save layout file(save it and name it to where you wont forget where it is)
    go to where you saved the layoutfile and open it with notebook
    you should see a set of numbers each line strarting with a letter.

for example C123456665644
    D213233213232
    C321546589849 and so on.
    the third line is the only one we have to change
    change the third line´s first letter from a C to a D (it has to a cappital letter and only change the letter. leave everything else as it is including the preceding lines after the third line)so the first three lines read "C D D"
    now save it and exit notepad.

go back into wxripper and press file »open layout file and open the file youve just changed.
    then press the green arrow to start dump (name the file and press ok) .
    thats it it will take about fifteen minutes depending on your processor and ram.
    when its finished you should be left with a .iso file thats 7.29 gigs.

thats your ripping done. :)
    IF YOUR HAVING PROBLEMS RIPPING AS I WAS.IT WOULD GO TO HALF WAY AND STOP SAYINSOMETHING ABOUT 1/0 ERROR.I CHANGED MY DVD DRIVE I WAS USEING AND IT WORKED FINE.IF YOU DONT HAVE AN OTHER DRIVE TO OPEN TRY UPDATING THE FIRMWARE FOR YOU DRIVE JUST GO TO THE DVD DRIVE´S WEB SITE AND IT WILL BE ON THERE IF THERE IS AN UPDATE FOR IT.

now for the burning.
    you first need to download a program called ABGX 360-0.9.4
    i tried all of the others mulleter,ssmerger they are sh*te and dont work so forget them.
    you need to change some settings on this program.
    search for abgx 360 tutor by toro it explains all of th settings you have to change.

once you´ve changed the settings.
    all you have to do is open up the .iso file of your xbox 360 game and press launch.the program will get all of the stealth patches ss files and everything else thats needed from its database on the internet.and you can actually see what its doing. unlike ssmerger and mulleter which just freezes for an age and then tells you that it cant perform the patching (very anoying)
    when its finished you will have two files a .iso and a .dvd

the .dvd file is the one we need for burning.

next you need a program called IMGBURN.

again when youve installed it you have to change some settings
    1:eek:pen the .dvd file of the game in notebook
    you´ll see a layer break number, copy it and exit note book.
    2: open imgburn open tools then settings.then press the write tab.
    in the part that say´s layer break (for dl media) paste the numbers you copied from the .dvd file.you wont have to do this again.

nearly there.......
    you need to use a dvd burner that supports DL+r burning most new ones have it if you dont there not that expencive to buy.

put your blank dvd+r dl disc into the drive that you are going to use.
    in img burn press write image file to disc
    where it says source click the folder that says browse for file
    and open your .DVD file of the game
    make shure that test mode and verify tabs are UNCHECKED and that the write speed is set to 2x the burn wont work if you burn at any other speed so make sure it set to 2x.
    to the right of the write speed box there is a tab with a green man on it press it and set it to write speed 2x aswell.
    directly under the green man tab is a change book type tab press it.
    find the make of you drive on one of the tabs and press it.
    in the "change for" box change it to "drive(for dvd+r dl media)"
    and in the new setting box change it to DVD ROM
    then click change.
    when thats done your ready to burn
    press the big button in the bottom left of the window
    and it will start to burn it will take about 40 mins to write.
    thats it your done...
    Now you will have a fully working flashed liteon drive able to play backed up copies of games and backed up versions of your games that can be played on xbox live.

anything that you think i might have missed please let me know.

all the best

KGLEESON

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

You need to post in the xbox 360 forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.