Backing up games with a Mac intel?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by sadie8686, Nov 9, 2006.

1. sadie8686

sadie8686 Member

Hello,
    I couldn't find any threads on this by searching for it, so I thought I would do everyone with this particular problem a favor by making a new thread with this in the subject. I am new to the whole subject of mod chips, Avalaunch, evolutionx, and flashfxp. I was wondering if all the tutorials I have read out there apply to Mac intel users? Do I need a different program for ftp? Do I need a different dashboard? Is this possible with a Mac? Help me, please...

2. sadie8686

sadie8686 Member

Also, what kind of xISO program will be good for a Mac. I know the "How to" article says people use Qwix, CloneXB, Craxtion, and GDFIMAGE. And what is a "crossover" cable? Is that USB?

3. sadie8686

sadie8686 Member

I just read that you need to "flash" your xbox as well. Is there a special autoinstaller I need as well for a mac?

4. sadie8686

sadie8686 Member

Any ideas?

5. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

lol three posts in 10 minutes on your own topic. ok well there is nothing special for a mac as far as an autoinstaller. a cross over cable can be bypassed by using a router and hooking your computer to your router and hooking your xbox to it as well. just search google for an ftp client for macs. and you wont need anything different for your setup excpet your computer programs

6. sadie8686

sadie8686 Member

Hi,
    I'm a newbie with an Intel Mac trying to backup my 360 games. So far, I have: the autoinstaller 3.10 that is one of the 1st topics of the autoinstaller section of this forum and a slayer evox autoinstaller I downloaded somewhere else. I here that the slayer autoinstaller will install a new dash for me, so no need looking for a new dash? Is that the same with the autoinstaller 3.10? Anyways, I have an FTP client for macs, Toast to burn dvd's, I have Dragon Burn as well ( I don't know what it does yet, I read that I need it for the final burning of .iso's with Toast), and I have Mac OSX Box Tools (http://www.xbox-hq.com/html/modules.php?name=Xbox_Homebrew&op=view&gid=302) It says that it will do extracting, local or to ftp, one file or a batch and creating Xiso. This program is a GUI interface for extract-xiso on Mac OSX. It is also able to browse the FTP to select the target folder.

I guess I am asking whether I have everything, do I have too much, and how Toast, Dragon Burn, and Mac OSX Box Tools fit together to burn a damn .iso? Also, what mod chip is best?