Backing up Shadow Ops- Red Mercury to disc

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by nastynath, Jul 20, 2004.

1. nastynath

nastynath Guest

Have read to file by FTP and the read is 4.42GB a little too big for disc. Can someone help me? Been to http://www.chefelf.com/~rahszhul/index.php and to no avail. Only have to delete some thing small to get it under size, can I use a shrinking app? delete a movie scene? or delete the xbox live info?

I have looked searched & looked through past forum notes and found nothing, sorry for if there is something I missed Mr Afterdawn.com

Is there a App like what was used for putting Metal Gear Solid- Substance over 2 discs???

Cheers Nasty Nath

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

Just delete the usual .xbe files ie: update xbe etc one of them is around 50 meg.

Thats all you will need to delete to fit it on disk, however having said that the loading time is much longer than that of the origional... Not too sure why though.

3. ozy

ozy Regular member

I managed to backup this game last night. I deleted the dashupdate.xbe (52MB) and update.xbe file (2MB). This should work fine.

4. stilcor

stilcor Guest

ozy,

Where are you getting the update.xbe file (2MB) from??

5. ozy

ozy Regular member

In the same location as the dashupdate.xbe. If you cannot locate this file try making the iso once the dashupdate.xbe file is deleted.

6. nastynath

nastynath Guest

Yes I thought you delete the update.exe files etc. I will try this when I get home from work! Thanks for your advice backing me up on what I thought I could delete!

Cheers...

7. stilcor

stilcor Guest

ok thanks

8. nastynath

nastynath Guest

I deleted the dashupdate.xbe file and it reduced size to 4,607,000 units enough to fit to a dvd disc! Back up work gr8! ;)

Thanks for your help guys!!!

9. nastynath

nastynath Guest

Sorry 4,697,000 units! Oops!