Backing up Wont work!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by taazzukcb, Nov 23, 2005.

1. taazzukcb

taazzukcb Member

Hi there, im backing up my path of neo game......and i shall go through what i am doing as it is not working..........

First i connect to be xbox through FTP........fine

Then i go onto the d: the copy all files from the game disc to a folder i named path of neo.......

Then i open up Quix, convert the folder path of neo, to an ISO......

Then use DVD Decryter to burn the iso to DVD-R Media...........

I am sure thisis how you do it, but when i put the disc in i hear it spin up....stop, spin up....stop, spin up............stop, then nothing! It wont laod!

What am i doing wrong here?

I have deleted some files, but only one that i can.....i have taken away other languages............and some extra movie files which are not needed....already know this from other forums.......but it wont work.plz help!

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try diffrent media. Sounds like it is trying to read the disc but cant. With all game systems media is a big issue when backing up. So try to get quility media or try using the Opposite format your using if you can. Example: If your using DVD+R media try DVD-R media.

3. taazzukcb

taazzukcb Member

Hi there, chrz for the reply, but i have tried 3 different media types, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW....They all dont work....And have tries 2 different makes, all top end in quality....

Chrs,

Luke.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Your backing up the game the way you should. Do you have any other firends with a modded Xbox that you could try your copy on. Cause it seems to still be your Xbox drive not liking the media your ussing.

5. taazzukcb

taazzukcb Member

nope, no one around me has a modded xbox, but i dought its media, cuz ive tried loads! umm....i unsure if what im creating the ISO from is right though.............do i create the ISO from the folder i make on my pc before i FTP the files acros to it..?

Cheers

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you are playing the game off your hard drive then all you need to do is use a App like DVD2Xbox to rip the game to your Xbox HDD. If you want to play the game off disc then FTP to your Xbox and FTP the D: folder (Xbox DVDDrive) and then use Quix to make an xISO of the folder that was FTPed to your computer of the game then burn. Which you did.

Again I say its media. It seems that your Xbox DVD drive is having a hard time reading the media.

You could always try clearing the CACHE folders seeing if that works.

Iv had some that wont boot up at all and after clearning my CACHE folders on the Xbox they will.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2005
  7. taazzukcb

taazzukcb Member

i dont FTp d:, i FTP wats in d:, al the individual files.....is that right? I put all the individual files into my own created file (normally, roughly the name of the game), then the ISO is created from that folder?

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try to FTP just the D: folder over and then rename the D: folder to whatever once it is on your computer HDD. Then run that folder threw Quix. I dont think it will make a difrence but you will know your getting all the files if you FTP over the D: folder.

You can also set up Quix to FTP to your Xbox and it will pull the D: folder off and make an xISO at the same time. Leaving you with just an xISO not a folder it does it all at once.

Also try clearing the CACHE folders like I said above somtimes it can work.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2005