Backup Copy Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by kidryu, Jul 28, 2004.

1. kidryu

kidryu Member

Ok this is what is going on, i do not have a mod chip in my xbox, but my xbox is hacked, so i got the evox dvd2xbox, ect. on it. i did the whole process to make a game from xbox to pc and burned the game onto a DVD-R. I put the Disc into my xbox and it starts up fine. After time the game will pause on me then go to a screen saying that the game may be damaged or dirty. I take the disc out and put it back in. I start where i left off and it works perfectly! but after time it will do the same thing over again, can anyone please help me?

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Exactly the problem I used to run into. You probably have the worse version of Xbox DVD-ROM drive (Thomson) like me, it is very picky at reading burnt discs. I tell you, I have tried all the media brands (Sony, Memorex, Fuji, TDK, Verbatim, plus some more) and it never fixed the problem. Only when I replaced the original HDD and put a 250GB one in, then rip the games straight to the HDD and play from there, I have yet to have a frozen game.

3. kidryu

kidryu Member

ok i think the drive i have is a Philips drive. And ive noticed one thing, this problem has been happening alot on Ninja Gaiden, almost every cut sceen i have to restart the whole xbox and turn it back on just to continue the game. Anyone else help...i would rather not change my drive but if worse comes to worse then i might have too, please, i need help on this.

4. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Maybe try burning the game at the slowest speed possible using different media brands. If you have the Philips drive then maybe you'll have better luck than me. Other than that, I don't think there's anything else you can do about it, given the HDD replacement is not an option.

5. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

there is a dude, (or dudes) on ebay called sandyang or somethin, that I get sony oem discs from (dvd-r) I guarantee they work for you, Ive tried them on EVERY xbox drive, and they work on all. Dont seem to matter what speed I burn either.

moddies, this isnt an ad, I just hate people havin to make coasters