Backup games vs retail games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by waqar00, Jul 17, 2004.

1. waqar00

waqar00 Member

Hi , i am thinking about modding my xbox , but before i do that , i need to know which is better and why ?????? Is there any quality difference between a orignal product and a backup ????? are there more giltches etc etc.....

2. varangian

varangian Member

no, if copied correctly there will be no glitches..however you will need to get yourself a good mod chip. also it depends on how you'd like to backup your games, would you want to back them up to the xbox's hard drive, or do you want to copy them to cd/dvd media? as the information on the dvd or cd media is all digital, if you have copied your game correctly it should play flawlessly considering you have a mod chip that's installed correctly.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2004
  3. waqar00

waqar00 Member

well i am thinking about getting a matrix mod chip (since they require no soldering ) and i will be copying games on the cd's dvd's , but not the hard drive....

4. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Waqar I just want to give you forewarning that you may have to spend quite awhile to understand the whole process and you are gonna have to do a ton of reading. Some of these guys get this no problem but for the most part people come on here and leave without ever understanding how to back up a game. Good luck to you.

5. varangian

varangian Member

hello, most game shops will install mod chips on your system although I doubt a lot will actually sell you the chip.. at this point the most important thing is the mod chip.. search the forums and get feedback before you buy any modchip and also get advice on where to buy it too because there are a lot of scams out there.

6. waqar00

waqar00 Member

well to be honest i wont actually be backing up games , i'll be downloading most of them by bittorent and stuff

7. varangian

varangian Member

why, so you can make the price for games go higher for people like me that actually PAY FOR THE STUFF? Get lost jackass.

8. clarky

clarky Regular member

I hope you enjoyed your last post here for a while....

9. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Well...if you're gonna steal then you're pretty stupid and obviously you are pretty stupid if you feel like waiting four days to download a game that may or may not be complete. Just bad all around...the games don't cost that must especially if you buy them pre-palyed. If you buy a pre-played game and it is damaged in any way EB will normally give you a new copy at no charge.

10. waqar00

waqar00 Member

hmmmmmmm let me get this straight , backing up games is not stealing but downloading them off the interent is ????? how do u think they got th the internet in the first place huh???
    and may be they dont cost much where u live , but here in canada each game is like $80 , so if i buy 3-4 games well that's quite a bunch of money .
    Oh and by the way i aint for stealing , i had a sega and i used to buy all my games , but i just dont see why a stupid dvd has to cost $80 , sega had cartradges , now that deservers to be that much , but a dvd , it shouldnt cost that much ,,, its just not fair.... so if the game developers or whoever is incharge of that price dont give a shit about me , why should I??????

11. clarky

clarky Regular member

Backing up - ie making a duplicate copy of a disk you LEGALLY OWN. How is that stealing???

If you cannot afford the games, then dont buy the consol.

Do you even know how much its costs to make a game? Do you think that the programmers work for free?

12. waqar00

waqar00 Member

i know exactly how much it costs to make a game , i have a friend who works for ubisoft montreal .
    and why would u make a copy of the game u legally own????????? so let me get this straight u r saying that u spend extra $100 bucks for the mod chips and the hard drives just to backup the games u legally own....???? Aint that kinda stupid????

13. birdman8

birdman8 Member

Are all xbox games able to be backed up using the ftp method?

14. suki24

suki24 Member

Is it stupid?yes..

but there are some people who like to follow by the law and rules..and there are others who dont...

Do what you wish...but dont go crying if you get caught

Files on the internet are probably the one of the worst ways of copying a game...

15. ksman13

ksman13 Member

the cheapest alternative to downloading games is to rent them then copy them. not sure but thats probably illegal though.

depending on whether or not canadian xboxs play american games you could be like me before i started modding. buy from ebay games are cheap there new for about 30-40 usd compared to 40-50 usd in stores and good used games depending on how new they are go for 10-35 usd these figures include shipping.

also creating a backup is smart because i have played games to death im on my second copy of counterstrike now. you see playing games involves the disc spinning which causes scratches which means having a backup is one way to protect the original.

16. scottas

scottas Guest

I backup my originals because it costs a lot less to make a new backup than to buy a new game when it gets damaged or just plain worn out. I even keep my current favorites on the hdd so I don't waste my dvd rom in the xbox. It's always about money, you just have to think about the long run. Even buying used games that work great, they already have much of their life used up, so a backup will keep it going virtually forever.