Backup problem "dirty or damaged disc"???

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by studrz, Jun 3, 2004.

1. studrz

studrz Member

Hey all,
    New to this and trying to make a backup of manhunt. i burn the iso image to a LG DVD-R and when i run it on the xbox it says:
    "There's a problem with the disc your using. It may be dirty or damaged"
    I did everything properly and have read up on this and i dont know what ive done wrong.
    Is it the media that im using or may it be the modchip i have on the xbox?
    I dont know what modchip i have coz i got a guy to come do it about 2 years ago. from memory it was small and had like 5 or 7 red wires on it or something like that. thats what i can remember from watching him install it.
    any ideas? do i need to install that evox on the xbox too or did he do something like that coz i seen him run a disc after putting in the chip.
    thanks guys

2. studrz

studrz Member

oh btw, when it says that dirty/damaged message it comes up on a black screen in a small grey box, not the normal green box like when i insert a pc game or any other disc

3. hiredgoon

hiredgoon Regular member

it could be the media , but since you don't know what mod chip you have , i suggest that you do infact install evox.

Exov will allow you to see what type of chip you have installed when you get it up and running. Also its really cool because you can do lots more stuff then just playing backup games.

4. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

this is sooooo true!!

it could also be a bad burn , some people tend to, whn they create the iso image, forget to double click (if using craxtion) and make an image of the folder where the files are, not the contents.
    its kinda like making a dvd backup without calling the folder video_ts, it wont find it

5. chaos321

chaos321 Guest

oh yes it is i had the same problem once