Backup Sims 2 with DVD2Xbox to Hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by BigPantz, Jan 7, 2006.

1. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

Hi all,

I'm having problems copying The Sims 2 to hard drive on my sons' xbox. ive copied loads of games across before, never had any trouble & theyve all worked fine. With sims2 i get a 'File path / name already exists' warning when trying to copy across to the F:/games folder. i know the game isnt already on the hard drive, so why is it telling me this? theres plenty of room for the game (8 gigs plus). maybe I need to upgrade DVD2Xbox to a new version or something? (the xbox is 18 months old) any ideas anyone?

oh, its got an 80gig HD, evolution X & Avalaunch Dashboard if that makes any difference.

2. wr6739

wr6739 Regular member

Try going to game manager and see if The Sims 2 game or part of it is listed, delete it and try again.

3. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

Thanx Bud, I had a look around & the only thing i could find already on there that might have been causing a problem was the folder that used to have the game 'The Urbz' in it, a similar EA game so im thinking maybe it has the same type of filenames? maybe thats why the xbox got confused.. i deleted the game some time ago, but the file folder is still there & i dont know how to get rid of it.

Ive managed to do it anyways, i found another app on there called PxHDD Loader which ive never used before, that copied across fine. only difference is it doesnt give the game its proper name (comes up with something like Pxgame0), but i just renamed it to Sims 2 in Xbox media centre. Thanx for your help :)