Backup to XBHD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by 1Realist, Nov 21, 2006.

1. 1Realist

1Realist Member

So. I've recently purchase a xenium gold mod chip, and a compatible 250 gb hd. I want to back up my xbox collection. Is there a process in which I can do this by just using the Xbox DVD rom drive and the new Xbox HD that I'm installing? Everything I've read invovles FTP stuff. I'm currently at school, so trying to create an FTP is a bitch. Any one have any advice?? Thanks...

2. AkaMrMike

AkaMrMike Regular member

You can use dvd2xbox to copy the games from dvd rom to the hd.

3. 1Realist

1Realist Member

alright question time. 2 things. first and foremost, modded xbox with a xenium gold solderless adapter, works great no problems there. on the flash are xenium os, as well as evox os. then i have the evox dash. i've copied dvd2xbox to my F drive, and it can load that fine. i used FXP to transfer all the files from my comp to my box. now the problem here in lies with two things. first, when i use FXP it'll show the CDEFGXYZ folders of the xbox hd, but when i click into them, there's "nothing" there. but i'll check from the xbox sides of things and everything is fine. second. when i try to load the dvd2xbox app, it'll go into the EVOLUTION X (I'm assuming it's a loading screen,) then absolutely dick will happen. Please help...

NEvermind figured it out. thanks anway.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2006
  4. element29

element29 Regular member

OK, I softmodded mine, and I tried putting HALO into an ISO and placing into the GAMES folder on the xbox through ftp, and when I select PLAY GAMES FROM HARD DRIVE, there are no games there, I also tried just copying the disk's contents right to that folder....please help me..

5. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

wow this has nothing to do with anything in this post, and you cant have th iso you have to have the files from the disc just put the game in the xbox and go to file explorer and copy all the stuff from the D: drive to your games folder

6. steimy

steimy Active member

or use Qwix or Craxtion4 to extract the disc to a folder on your PC
    the FTP it to your games folder

there is a program out there for Xbox that will allow you to run
    ISO files from the hard drive, but i can not remember
    what it is called.