Baldur's Gate overwriting itself?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by shutter, Oct 3, 2007.

1. shutter

shutter Member

I'm a noob at softmodding. I installed and softmodded a 160gb drive using Unleashx as my dash. I copied Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Baldur's Gate and Baldur's gate II to the hard drive. The problem is when I look under games it only shows the 2 Splinter Cells and 1 Baldur's Gate. So I reformatted the F drive and tried again this time loading Baldur's Gates in reverse order, same results. I think Baldurs Gate is overwriting itself, any suggestions?
    Thanks

2. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Check and see if you have the game within another folder, it should be one folder per game. The "default.xbe" file should be in the main directory of each game.

3. shutter

shutter Member

Thank you locobrown for your response. I watched carefully each time I loaded Baldur's Gate and discovered that both of them were trying to load to a folder named Baldur's Gate, I found a file explorer right in the unleashx dash and renamed the folder Baldur's Gate 1, I then loaded Baldur's Gate II and that did the trick. I think I should mention that if you rename a folder in the games folder you must rename its location in items which on mine is in the E folder