Best Camera

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by kshep92, Apr 30, 2006.

1. kshep92

kshep92 Regular member

Hi, it's me again. I'm makin a full lenght, full fledged movie here and I was wondering what equipment and tools I could use to make the movie look as professional and "hollywood" as possible.

Please note that i'm only 17 and I'd like to work with a reasonable budget. if you (directly) can't help me, then can you please point me to a really detailed tutorial online?

btw. Do electric airsoft guns have the "shell emmission" mechanism? (where the chamber slides back everytime you shoot to spit out the shell, and then it closes again)

2. caffeine_

caffeine_ Guest

well how much are you willing to spend on a camera? Because you could easily get into the thousands no problem. Do you want HD?

3. kshep92

kshep92 Regular member

Well have they worked out the slow motion problem yet where you can't shoot in slow-mo?

4. dcho787

dcho787 Member

the only way those cameras shoot in slowmo is by shooting 60i and in post, running it at 24 p or 30 p.

Even if you buy a 7,000 dollar camera... your movie still isn't going to look professional. Do you know how much work/money goes into a professional production? You need at least 10 experienced crewmembers on the set at all times - especially for an action movie. Because many digital cameras are readily available for everyone at a reasonable price, many people think that they can shoot a movie.

If you film in someone's backyard or in a random alleyway, you're not going to get that professional look. What you see in front of you won't magically look better in front of the camera.

If you really want to get serious... I'll tell you what to do

Do not buy a camera/lighting equipment/dolly/crane/camera accessories.
    Hire a professional cinematographer who has all the equipment already and knows how to use them. You can get a good one for about 200-250 dollars a day.

If you want to spend some money, get some basic sound equipment. Fostex FR2, a decent mic/wires, and a boom pole.

Go to DVXuser.com for some good tutorials/advice.

If you want to focus on cinematography rather than make a good film, then I would suggest you buy the DVX. A DVX with a 35 mm adapter produces the softest, most beautiful images. Practice makes perfect when you want to become a cinematographer. But if you want to strictly direct your film, don't even bother with buying equipment.