Best dvd player to play divx Hd files

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by bev7o9, Nov 9, 2007.

1. bev7o9

bev7o9 Member

Can anyone advise me on a dvd player that will let me play the new avi HD files. I download loads of american tv prog but more and more are Hd. I bought 2 cheap dvd players that said 1080 upscaling but it will still only play the basic 350mb size files but not the 700mb Hd (720 or 1080) It annoying i have just wasted £80 on 2 that were no better than my old ones.
    cheers
    bev

2. nicke1

nicke1 Member

Can anyone help pls? I'm also looking for a player that will deal with 720p XVID avi's.

Thanks
    Nick

3. JimmyNice

JimmyNice Member

If there are any, there are only a few. Do a search for "divx6 dvd player" or "h264 dvd player" and see what you can find... I do a lot of the same and I watch them all on my PS3 since it got divx support in December... the high def divx files work great (just make sure that if their over 4 gig, that you split them with a program like YAMB"

4. kenj59

kenj59 Member

Do a search for the Toshiba SD-K860. It appears to be going for about $100 usd.

5. nicke1

nicke1 Member

Thanks, after a lot of research I've gone the next step and ordered a player that supports streaming and HD. www.popcornhour.com