brain melt

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by hajdanim, Dec 26, 2007.

1. hajdanim

hajdanim Member

Im sure all who visit and post in these sites are really tired of hearing stupid and the same old questions,but please help a old man to get some info if you can.I have older version of xbox it has installed xecuter 2 chip,with nothing else installed as far as i know.I purchased splinter cell chaos ther,but wanted to make backup of the orig to keep my investment safe.I know you need to do some mods to copy the disk to computer back again and so on,so i skipped and just downloaded from torrent site,un rar it and used qwix and copied with nero,i load disk now and xbox says disk damaged or dirty,I have pal box just thought i would throw that in,don't know if it helps,,,What to do can someone give me help

2. corn

corn Guest

Make sure the version you have is PAL, and not NTSC. Burn at x4 speed to be safe. What media are you using for burning?

3. SilverDro

SilverDro Member

USA = NTSC right?
    How do you convert NTSC to PAL?

4. corn

corn Guest

Yes, NTSC=USA. I don't believe you can convert NTSC to PAL. However, if you look for a PAL version were you got the CD, I am sure you can find one. I can't provide a link, sorry.

5. SilverDro

SilverDro Member

Correct me if i'm wrong but, doesn't a modchip enable you to play PAL and NTSC?

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Yes, it's a dashboard option! Still doesn't fix or cause a DDE.

Read my tutorials to show you exactly how to backup the original copy you already have!

;)

7. hajdanim

hajdanim Member

Not sure if it is pal or ntsc,allstar splinter of torrent was a very large file so i did some searching and deleted some files after unzip with craxtion some language files and also some dash exe, files to make it fit dvd5 i bet i screwed it up,2 days downloading and ten min to screw it up..Think i will stick to just rebuying same disks....Thanks though for all the help you guys are great....