BROADBAND

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by AIDEN, Feb 25, 2003.

1. AIDEN

AIDEN Guest

Ok this is to all that use ntl ( united kingdom )
    i am assuming that you know about the 1 gig daily limit for downloading that they forgot to tell us about. this ruling only came in last week, and has already caused a lot of its customers to change isp's
    i havent done it (((( yet )))
    what i have done is contacted ntl to see if its true first. they confirmed that it was true. but was aimed at the power users.
    dont know about you guys but when i signed up it was unmetered 24/7
    ive done a search on da net for other isp offering unmetered access, i only found 1 :(
    so what im asking is this,
    who are your isp, are they unmetered, how much does it cost ?, and your speed
    with all this i can see myself changing isp
    the most important thing i wont to know is ( do you have full newsgroup access )

cheers guys

adi

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2003
  2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Telewest Blueyonder, 1 meg service, with supreme (full) digi TV package, costs appx £55 a month.

And for service reliability, every single time I download and I know that the sending side of the transmission isn't the problem, I get 120k/sec == pretty much as much as you can physically get out from 1Mbps.

Been extremely satisfied, now I'm just waiting for Blueyonder to come up with the promised 2 meg service as well...

3. AIDEN

AIDEN Guest

hey daboss, hows ya hanging.....

dont know if this is true or not, but someone once told me that blueyonder (( telewest )) was a sub of ntl.
    i know for a fact telewest aint got no future plans for capping....

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Nopez, I kinda know this business and Telewest definately is NOT a sub of NTL. Telewest is actually partly owned by the devil itself, Microsoft :)

5. AIDEN

AIDEN Guest

ouch,
    thinking of getting pipex 2mb connection

www.pipex.com

opinions are most appreciated before i put pen to paper. all i can say on telewest is you lucky buggers. we cant get it up north
    :(

6. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

I got telewest broadband 512kbps.

7. flash5x

flash5x Guest

I have NTL Broadband in the UK I'm not sure about this download limit but i am experiencing problems, lots of pages cannot be displayed and I have to go back and click the link again or refresh and images come up as broken which also involve refreshing, is this NTL?

Tom Harrison