Buring downloded Xbox games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by hooligann, Jan 5, 2007.

1. hooligann

hooligann Member

Hi im new to this forum and need all the help i can get; ive downloded a gamed from torrentspy and know that games cannot be burned to dics with the iso because pc cant recognise file so please can someone tell me how to burn this to play on a moded xbox in detail or give a link to a good guide with screenshots if possible. i have looked all over the net and not found a good guide yet all i can find is how to copy and back up a original xbox games disc.
    thanks for all help
    hooligann.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

well telling what files you have after you downloaded it would help.
    If it is in normal fashion then you will have a bunch of rar files that you need to extract with Winrar that are like
    game.001,game.002 and so on.

then once you have the ISO you can burn it.

If you have folders like data and system and so on, then you have to build an ISO with Craxtion4 or Qwix before you burn it.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  3. hooligann

hooligann Member

yes i have extracted and when i put the burnt disc from the iso a blank screen appers on my xbox

4. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

piracy causes aids, once you extract the .001's and stuff then there should be an iso in there, burn that with imgburn or dvddecrypter or whatever you prefer at around 4x and you should be good to go

5. hooligann

hooligann Member

i have tried to burn the iso on a disc but it still dont work, im sure you cant burn the iso and tht you have to send to xbox or something?
    can u help?

6. godspkerx

godspkerx Member

yes i have the same problem. i downloaded slayers 2.7 from torrentspy.com and i extracted it and i got a ziped winrar iso file....you need to extract that iso file and put all the files that got extracted onto the disc.

7. Nu2Mods

Nu2Mods Guest

wow you can burn iso to disc, havent you ever made a back up before? you make an xiso and burn it

8. steimy

steimy Active member

so much wrong information

1. you can burn an ISO to a disc and play it in a modded Xbox. That is the way it is supposed to be done
    2. you can not transfer an ISO to the Xbox and play it without special software on the Xbox. It has to be extracted first and then transfered,
    3. with Slayer you can just burn the ISO you downloaded to disc.
    4. If you extracted Slayer with Winrar and it still shows a single Winrar icon file then you most likely have ISO files associated with Winrar in the file type setting. Meaning that if that box is checked in the file association of winrar then an ISO would show the same icon as a regular rar file would, If you uncheck the box then it would show as a regular ISO icon

what type of DVD are you using (brand, speed and format)
    like Taiyo Yuden DVD-R (which would be a great choice)

and for the Slayer 2,7 guy, check winrar settings. How big
    is that Winrar zip file you say it gives you. If it is large then it is most likely your ISO file that you need.

9. hooligann

hooligann Member

The Games is Fight Night Round 3 and the iso image when burned to disc still dosent work!!! i am using Datawrite yellow top 8x DVD-R which are top of the range!! apart from optima blue

can someone give me a step ny step guide on how to burn this game!!!
    please!!!!!!!!!!

10. steimy

steimy Active member

Datawrite = PRINCO, PRODISC, AN31, RITEKG03
    not the top of the list as far as DVD's, they are low quality media.
    Ritek is the only one in there that is even close to being good.
    http://www.teammodders.com/dvdmedia/