Burn from XISO

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by whyuen, Jul 12, 2004.

1. whyuen

whyuen Member

Hi all, I've tried backing up a few of my XBox games using the "Xbox Iso toolkit release 1.1". I'm able to generate an XISO file.

Xdfsreader shows me that the ISO file burned was in correct format and I can extract the xiso file using the same software "Xbox ISO toolkit release 1.1"

I've tried burning the xiso with DVD moviefactory2, NTI CD/DVD maker version 6.5 and Nero Ultra 6 and all games failed except this game Soul Calibur 2 which the original disc does not contain any subfolder.

I'm only able to play Soul Calibur 2 using the backup copy. All other games that I've burned contains a no. of garbage files which resulted in my Xbox saying "the disc is dirty or damaged".

Could anyone help? Thanx.

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

your best bet is to either use craxtion or qwix (the newest craxtion requires you to have .net installed in windows)
    these are both the best and most use iso creation tools. Also when youre burning dont burn on too high a speed. Personally I use stomp recordnow max, and it makes great backups. Some use nero with good (sometimes bad) results, depending on the settings.
    Also make sure the media is good for the dvd drive in your xbox. Ritek and Sony make some great dvd-r that work on all versions (check out ebay for sony oem dvd-r, those are great discs)

3. whyuen

whyuen Member

thanx djboogie. I've successfully burned a backup copy of my games using SimpleXISO or Craxtion to make the ISO file instead of Xbox ISO toolkit release 1.1. I've tried using moviefactory, NTI and Nero to burn onto my DVD media and it works.

My advice to all is don't use Xbox ISO toolkit to make your ISO file.