Burn rates

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by dan_CoD, Dec 7, 2008.

1. dan_CoD

dan_CoD Guest

Why does a burn sometimes fail when at maximum burn rate but when you slow the burn down to 12x or 8x it will completely burn? because of an old drive, old filmware??

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

It could be the media. What brand are you using, and what are you burning to the media?

Also, what program are you using to burn?

3. dan_CoD

dan_CoD Guest

im using memorex dvd+r. i have burn using for a long time. i usually dvd shrink. or sometimes i would use hd decrypter to put them on my computer for burning later and then later use dvd shrink again but that work for me..now it just changed it only will burn fully when speed is slowed down

4. lamchops1

lamchops1 Member

During a high speed burn, the laser diode needs to output more power than at a lower burn speed . Per JoeRyan, the output power of the burning laser diode is the square root of the burn speed times 50 mw. So for a 16x burn, the laser needs top out put 200mw, whereas at 4x, the output power is 100mw.200mw is near maxing of the output laser, and burn errors can and usually do occur. Burning at slower speeds allows the buffer to work better as well as the output laser diodes (better longevity too)

5. dan_CoD

dan_CoD Guest

whoa thx man