burning video files

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by milanw, Dec 9, 2005.

1. milanw

milanw Member

I am using Roxio Easy CD & DVD creator.
    I am trying to burn two movie files 760MB and 590MB onto a single DVD. The files are in mpeg format.
    The DVD capacity is 4.7GB.
    When I add my first movie file, that is the 760MB file, it takes 3.46GB of the DVD, and there is no room for the second file. Well, I can add the second file, then it moves to 6.1GB.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2005
  2. andmerr

andmerr Guest

did you encode them separately or have you attempted to batch encode them together

3. milanw

milanw Member

Do I have to do something to encode them? When I make DVDs using Roxio, I see that at the end of the project when I give the Burn commands, it encodes the video first and then burns.
    Thank you.

4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i dont use your way to burn movies.I encode the avi's first to mpeg2, then burn them .

Roxio isnt the best piece of software available and a lot of people have lots of problems with it.

This seems a bit excess as a normal 760meg file os this size should only be about 1.5 gig after the conversion.wHAT IS the initail file and how good is the quality.

Can you load your file into avicodec and then post the results for me to see.I probably will recommend a different way for you to encode then burn.

You can get avicodec at the link below if you dont already have it.

http://avicodec.duby.info/

5. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

I dont know roxo, but can you create a file of your project in dvd format rather than burning straight to dvd if so you can then use a program called dvd shrink to make it small enough to put onto one disk. If not I think you will have to do your project on two separate disks or There is a program called dvd author that reads mpg files and will create basic menus and will create a dvd file then you can use dvd shrink to make to right dvd size.