Burnt XBox games are unreadable

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by simon1001, Nov 12, 2005.

1. simon1001

simon1001 Member

I have a moded x box, it was modded when the X box 1st came out in the UK, I have no idea what chip or anything like that. The XBox itself has no additional software like dashboard.

I've downloaded around 7 games over the last 2 years (of games that I already own), the last 3 have come from torrent sites where user ratings lead me to believe these are working copies.

I burn them to a DVD+RW, I use Nero or DVD Decrypter. Selecting ISO mode I burn at the slowest burn speed possible.

But when I put into the XBox I just get disc unreadable.

The files I've downloaded have all been .iso.

Has anyone got any idea what is going wrong for me, I'd like to get this sorted before I start to actually copy my own games. Thanks for any input.

I did a search for this but couldn't find anything relevent, I apologise if I missed something or this is posted in the the wrong place.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Have you used these DVD+RW on your Xbox before? maybe your Xbox dont like the brand your using.

3. bigmac375

bigmac375 Member

What did you use to make the .iso? I heard Craxtion works really well, but if you want the best you are gonna have to find GDFImage.exe. Its really hard to find b/c of copyright issues,(Mircosoft uses it to make their games). I still havent found it but you dont really need to.

4. simon1001

simon1001 Member

Cheers larrylje, must admit I haven't. Am burning a copy now in a PC Line DVD+, probably a coaster but worth a try...
    Can you tell me, if an .iso file is mounted in Virtual Clone Drive. Demon Tools etc will it come up as unable o read disc when clicking on the drive letter it's been mounted in? Because mine are.

bigmac375, as said I downloaded the games.

5. simon1001

simon1001 Member

Der der & der, it was me, took the advice & burnt them with another brand of DVD & it worked. Thanks for the suggestion.