Buys item from seller at amazon, is screwed

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Sharpy321, May 20, 2008.

1. Sharpy321

Sharpy321 Guest

naturally i need to keep my identity/bank stuff secret but here is the gist.

1. i want item A i go on amazon, it costs £15 with £2 delivery, but it is only availible from a 'company'. I hit buy as there is only one left and do NOT look at any customer feedback(this is the kicker)
    Item A
    does not to appear to work...
    http://www.find-games.co.uk/ps3/b000xahpog.htm

2. after first being assured about only a 5 working day delivery it takes a minimum of 8 until i email...10 i email again. on 11 i inform amazon using their magical form thingy that i haven't got a single peep from them. a few hours later(my personal thought is that the seller responds by a auto email from amazon saying how i was going to cancel the order) i get a reply saying that it is on the way and with an excuse that it had the wrong postage cost.

3. i look on amazon and now they have it in stock and at half the price of the seller who doesn't know how to work stamps. I laugh as if i didn't i would cry.

4. a few days later it arrives not the super sleak Competition Pro model but what i can only describe as a chinese knock off. I am not amused.
    chinese knock off

5. i send an email saying that it wasn't the one i ordered, took way too long, i want a full refund and will buy the product i want elsewhere.

so can i legally do this? what leverage do i have? i want to get a full refund from this douche and buy the real one for half price.

Also here are the last 5 reviews(i'm building mine into an orgasmic sized rant) for your enjoyment.

'2 out of 5"I have contacted ravensuk twice about my order for Controller Dual Charging Dock (Ps3 ) [PLAYSTATION 3 ]Still have not received it & no word from seller, very disappointed!" '

Quite hillariously the same product that i want. the one where he said he had only one left, obvilously i was the last.

'1 out of 5: "have not recieved goods" '

1 out of 5: "UtterlyDisgusted! Worst online sellers I have ever dealt with. I have no product, I have no idea where my product is, I have had no reply to four of my emails to where it is. What am I to do? WARNING Do not buy from this seller!!!"

aren't i glad i just jumped in head first!

1 out of 5: "I have contacted ravensuk twice about my order for Controller Dual Charging Dock (Ps3 ) [PLAYSTATION 3 ]Still have not received it .some excuse the Post Office sent it back for having the wrong Postage on it.I am very disappointed with the seller."

wow this guy sure does have trouble with his stamps(the item is small enough to be sent through normally mail, it cost him £1.24), and the same item.......it must be the damn post office thats the logical excuse!!!!1111one1

' 2 out of 5: "Long delivery time as the item had to come from Hong Kong. Lied on the customs declaration that it was a gift! Poor value for money especially as Amazon themseleves now sell it for half the price and send it from the UK." '

Hold up a jiffy are you telling me that this great seller is doing illegal imports? blasphemy!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2008
  2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

In the US, Amazon has an A-Z satisfaction guarantee. Take this up as a complaint with Amazon and if possible, invoke the guarantee. Also if paid by credit card, file a complaint with cc for misrepresentation and fraud on item. You can usually get your money back and be reimbursed for the return postage.