Cable broadcast to TVs not connected to a cable box

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by nyk0n, Aug 3, 2010.

1. nyk0n

nyk0n Regular member

I have been using Time Warner Cable (TWC) sine I was little, and I just ran into an instance where I needed a feature of a TV that was hooked to a cable box to show on a TV that didn't have a cable box, Caller-ID-On-TV.

How would I go about broadcasting the features of a TV hooked to a cable box on a TV that didn't have a cable box?, the different menus, pay-per-view, pausing live-TV, you get the picture.

In addition I have one question, in order to use these features on said TV, would I have to have duplicates of the remote that I use?

Thanks

2. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

I don't think that your goal is very realistic. These boxes are designed to be used with only one screen at a time, or at least they are designed to only output one image at a time, even if they do so on multiple outputs. You could probably wire up your current box to multiple TVs, but then you have the issue that all those tvs will be watching the same thing, and in order to control the box, you have to be within the range of the IR remote.

Sad to say, your best bet is to spend the $4 a month it costs to rent a second box.

3. nyk0n

nyk0n Regular member

you know you would think that would be possible with all the technology in the world...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010