Camcorder - Camera part working VCR NOT

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by kvscmd, May 26, 2005.

1. kvscmd

kvscmd Member

I have a sony camcorder trv 11 . When I turn the power on for my camcorder to shoot videos it works fine. But if I turn my power on to use the camcorder as a VCR it does not work. No lights come up. In other words I am not able to use my camcorder to playback my recorded videos, rewind/fast forward my mini DV casettes. What is causing this to happen? THe VCR part of the camcorder doesn't seem to get any power either from the battery or when I have my camcorder connected to an outlet.

2. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

if your camcorder uses vhs tapes (thats what a VCR is) then I think its time to throw the $20 camera in the garbage and step into the 90's.

Oh wait, its 2005.

Look for a digital camera or DVD recording one.

If you are just miss-using the term vcr to mean the mode you set it to when you want to watch what you have recorded then I dont know what is wrong. Those things have so many micro switches and moving parts that any number of things could have broke.

The good news is that even the digital video camera's are cheap enough now that when they break its cheaper to throw it in the garbage and buy a new one than it is to have it repaired.