Camcorder Requirements Help

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Rorx, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Rorx

Rorx Member

I'm new to the forums, so Hey everyone.

Anyways, I'm looking for a MiniDV camcorder around £250-£300. The problem is I would like one which allows connection of an external mic and headphones. I would also like it to have DV in/out. I'm struggling to find anything. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

/Rorx

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

3. aahhaaa

aahhaaa Member

If you watch ebay, you can find really feature-packed cameras at 'pennies on the pound'. MiniDV is still developing and some models have serious problems- google Lens Cap Error to see an example.

The best bargains right now are Sony Digital8 cameras... a warranted TRV720 went on ebay for U$400 a few days ago. This camera had a built-in TBC, chromakey and lumikey, as well as superb Analog to Digital Passthru; not to mention the tapes thenselves are half the price. Does PAL & NTSC too. Just an example...

I generally go with Sony because everything tries to be compatible with Sony gear. Especially with editing software, DVI DVD burners, there is always a Sony preset.

Anyway, here is a link to Sony's downloadable manuals:
    http://www.iq.sony.com/srvs/sosdocs/default.asp?src=sonysupport

You can check out the features & instructions of models you like.

One thing to remember about webportal Camcorder Reviews- they are generally 'First Looks'; they don't cover how the gear holds up in 'the real world'. It's forums like these that'll tell the real story!:]