Camera question

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by jmorris23, Dec 27, 2005.

1. jmorris23

jmorris23 Member

i just recieved a canon zr100 i recently found out i need a firewire expansion port which i will purchase but thats not a problem. i'm currently running windows 98 by preference which is formatted fat32. my question is that is the fact that i'm running a fat32 formatted hard drive will that be effected cause i can't do anything over 4gb? and also on the canon website i can't download the driver thats for win 98 it only offers winxp? any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. sheppy124

sheppy124 Regular member

You probably already know the answer, time to upgrade, the problem is many companies are stopping doing win 98 drivers on their new stuff, also the limit is a problem when doing dvd's however if you get to that limit just doing home stuff thats a hell of lot film. The other reason to upgrade is the software now a days performs better with xp e.g. better rendering. Nothing wrong with 98 still be to get round the camera issue but will have to have a another capturing device between that and camera i.e. tv card, media box. Though it wouldnt surprise me if the camera works fine after fitting a firewire port, as they are cheap enough its worth a go.

3. jmorris23

jmorris23 Member

yeah i decided to get a new hard drive and upgraded to xp thanks for your advice