Can alter the game levels

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by nevwst, Sep 6, 2005.

1. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

hiya
    when you back up a game is it possible to change the levels i mean like change the layout of a level and add your own features say like adding more hidding places

2. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

this is an easy question to answer......... NO

3. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

Hey, same answer as mine!

4. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

what uv said is not completey true. any xbox game that has a release on pc, in most cases will have replica file layouts if not very similar. Many pc games are being modded by thousand of people. what u have to do is copy the game 2 the hard drive and then ftp it 2 ur pc. then use pc mods (some games this is very simple like gta san andreas its just a matter of replacing files and using .img editors and with other games this is rather difficult such as doom 3 where u have 2 learn when u load a mod in the pc version how exactly it alters the file since doom 3 has a self installing mod option). Then either ftp it back 2 ur xbox and run it off there or just burn it 2 a new dvd

5. akspud93

akspud93 Regular member

Thatas a good point. I was also playing around with the posibility while i am get the files off of a disk to my mac (taking a long time) anyways i was just in awe at all the amount of files u have on just ine disk. This one happens to be splinter cell CT and was wondering if u had programs like ubisoft did....mind u compaines are willing to sell there software unless they have a special contracts with other companies. If u could aquire some of those u could be abke to read all of those files and easily edit them everything for map layout to character voices to well the posibilities are really endless. And when u are done just save them as the file that they were before and just proceed with the regular backup steps and assuming everything works u will load a modded game!!!

Bare in mind this is just an idea and probably very difficult to do.....espically aquiring those programs