Can I replace a lost Blockbuster disc? Will they know the difference? (Solved)

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by gravedcr, Oct 27, 2009.

1. gravedcr

gravedcr Member

Hi. I permanently lost a Blockbuster online DVD rental. BB wants $19.99 to replace the lost disc. I can get the same movie used for about $3.00 elsewhere. Can I just ship them this disc, or will BB know the difference? Do they place some identifying marks on their discs, or will my scheme work?

I have carefully examined other discs they have shipped me and cannot see anything that looks like a unique identifier--their discs just look like regular retail DVDs. I'm cautiously optimistic. Does anyone know for sure? Thanks.

2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

gravedcr-

Well assuming that you have the shippping envelope /mailer that the orinal lost movie came in ? I would just put the $3.00 Bargain disc in the envelope & send it back ! Maybe with a short note saying you found it again after more intense searching ! Make them prove you wrong !

3. gravedcr

gravedcr Member

Update: I stuffed the $3 bargain bin disc in one of Blockbuster's mailers with another outgoing movie. Blockbuster didn't know the difference and my queue now reflects that the movie was returned successfully. Mission accomplished; $17 saved. I hope this info helps other people with the same problem.

4. s_c47

s_c47 Member

Hahahaha. Awesome.