can i run any iso file on pc?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by skeemy, Oct 5, 2009.

1. skeemy

skeemy Member

okay... i just downloaded a cool ass game called "Hinokakera" it's for the PC but it downloaded in iso format...now can i burn it with Alcoho 120% & play it thru my ps1/ps2? or do i need to convert it to a exe file....please help i'm confused.

2. dailun

dailun Active member

No. An .iso is an image file format. It doesn't provide for any format conversion.

PC games are for PCs and PS1/2 games are for PS1/2. Duh.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

why would you think you can play a PC game on your PS2? that makes no sense. You don't have to burn the ISO file to a CD though. you can use a free program like Daemon Tools which creates a virtual drive and mount the iso image.

4. skeemy

skeemy Member

okay all the disrespectful shit is uncalled for...all i did was ask a question...hell i got movies to play on my ps1 so why not ask if i can play pc games on my ps1 or ps2 y'all act like its totally impossible when in fact its very plausible...but y'all the tech guru's rite?.....riiite.

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

i don't think it was disrespectful, just surprising. i've never seen that question asked before, but i guess there's a first time for everything.

6. dailun

dailun Active member

IMHO no, it's not plausible at all.

Playing movies on different platforms in not the same as running code designed for a specific hardware platform on a different hardware platform.

Movies are in a standard format that can be played using programs designed for a specific hardware platform using a common/compatible medium.

Gaming code is designed for a specific hardware platform and code designed to run on one platform will not port automatically to another platform even if it's a compatible medium since the instruction sets are wholly different.

And no, emulation doesn't count.

And no, I'm not trying to be a smart a**, I'm trying to help educate you.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009