Can My Drive Burn Dual Layer DVD9? If So How?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by chirayuw, Nov 5, 2008.

1. chirayuw

chirayuw Guest

Hi didn't know where 2 post it so I posted it here.

I bought a ready win vista installed pc from medion a while back. The drive is:
    Code:
    HL-DT-ST-DVD-RAM GSA-H20N ATA Device
    Now firstly I would like to know if my drive can burn: 8.5GB - DVD+R DL discs

Secondly if it can, can someone pls tell me how 2 do this cos so far I've been all over the forum and some other sites and tried various methoda like - Imgburn create iso + mds then use mds, Dvdshrink create + burn iso with DvdDecrypter, Nero recode. I coastered 4 so far, so pls can someone help me.

The DVD I am using is by Moserbaer, manufactured in March 2008. As of yet there is no further info on the disc itself, the site says 'page under construction'.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2008
  2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Hmm, this took me all of 5 seconds to find out:

http://www.lge.com/products/model/detail/gsa-h20n.jhtml

Yes, you can burn +R DL discs.

As for burning, use IMGBurn to build your ISO and then burn it, at 2.4x speed. IMGBurn always for DL burning.

Couldn't find any info on the exact discs, but I think Moser Baer are an indian brand. Would steer clear of their discs in future and go for Verbatim.

3. chirayuw

chirayuw Guest

Sorry for replying so late, had a lot of work. Anyways did what u tried and sure enough it doesn't work with these discs. U said I should get verbatim, which kind? cos I went onto amazon and there loads of different packs and I'm not sure which is the rght one. Cos thres spindle, non spindle, matt, silver, D/Layer, DVD+R, DVD-R, 8.5gb, 8.6gb. Please advise [anyone]

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Actually, I would get the 2.4X as they are older and will give a higher degree of compatibility. They should code out as MKM001 and the faster rated and will code as MKM003. I wouldn't trust any other brand of DL media than Verbatim.

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Indeed, take LOCOENG's advice there.