Can you copy Xbox games that are already burned?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by drdouce, Apr 25, 2006.

1. drdouce

drdouce Guest

Hello,

I just got a soft mod for my Xbox recently(Duo X2) and have been downloading games to play. Then a friend at work lent me a huge cataloge of burned xbox games. My dilema is that the dvd drive on my computer does not show the files on the dvd, just said it was corrupt or unreadable. I have read previous post on similar subjects, but nothing clear. I figured that I would be able to see the image file of the game. I tried to mount it with deamon tools but still the same results. Does anyone here have any suggestions??

2. shademand

shademand Regular member

The short answer is yes, you'll need to use Alcohol 120% or Nero though.

3. drdouce

drdouce Guest

ok, i have nero but thats not the problem unless nero can read it some how.. the games I have downloaded i burn in an iso/udf format, they work fine. My problem is that I cannot take one of those burned games on dvd and make a copy of that to another dvd. My computer doesn't read the dvd.

4. drdouce

drdouce Guest

thanks shademand, I wasn't thinking about it right, I just made a copy to copy.

5. theridges

theridges Guest

im suprised a copy to copy even worked usually to copy games you have to ftp them to your pc and then burn but if the copy to copy worked good for you....i wouldsuggest burning at slow speeds 4x for an 8x dvd-r and 8x for a 16x dvd-r..

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2006
  6. steimy

steimy Active member

games you put on a disc are ISO files, once they are you can just make a strait up copy from one DVD to a blank one