Cannon ip4300 problem

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by victoria, Jul 13, 2008.

1. victoria

victoria Member

Hi Can anyone tell me how i can use the printer and turn off the ink monitoring utility iv'e unchecked the tick in the status box but it still keeps coming up ink tank not recognised, i just want to use the ink iv'e put in, i transfered the chips from the original tanks to the replacements but some are ok and others aren't it's doing my head in

Thanks

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Transferred chips? You modded your printer?

3. victoria

victoria Member

Hi Grampa

yes i have transfered the chips from the originals no i haven't modded my printer in anyway

Thanks

4. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

What would you consider transferring the chips to be, then??? Is there something in the Canon manual that tells you how to do that?

5. victoria

victoria Member

Hi

No, the new ink cartridges have a leaflet inside and it tells you to remove the chips from the original cartridges and just click them into place on the replacements this i have done and now i'm having the trouble?

6. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

I have an iP4200 which uses the same cartridges. Canon have fixed it so that you have to use their chipped cartridges. I don't agree with this, and I think it is fair to get around it any way you can.

Cutting the chips off the old cartridges and gluing them onto third party ones sucks. It will get the printer working but with the warnings you experienced. This is because each chip has a record of the number of ink dots printed, so the printer knows there is something wrong if it finds the chip on a new cartridge.

A better solution is to go to a refill shop which has a machine that resets the chip in original Canon cartridges. After the refill they appear to the printer like brand new genuine Canon cartridges. There are several shops here in Bristol, England (a medium sized city pop. 250,000) that can do it. Under European Union law it is legal. If you live in the USA you might find yourself in Guantanamo bay for violating the DMCA or some such nonsense.

Or you can get one of those super cheap laser printers that cost less than a full set of cartridges at Canon prices...

7. victoria

victoria Member

Hi Thanks for this i think i will buy another printer as you say you can get one cheaper than the ink !!!

Both of you thanks again for your time and effort nice to know you can get good advice from good people.

Regards.