cannot access my partition F for my xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by coopzilla, Mar 12, 2006.

1. coopzilla

coopzilla Member

Hey

I would need some help, I softmodded my xbox and I am able to ftp to it and made a backup of my game. I read somewhere that you need to put it on the F partition but I can't access to it. I still have the original hd on my xbox. I also tried uploading it in different parts of the xbox hd but it wont upload it all my file is 1.28 Gig. so I guess that there isnt enough space on these parts of my hd.

Thank you for your help

2. X4Life

X4Life Guest

did you format your F drive. you must first format the drive and then u can access it. the F drive is about 2GB. make a folder called Games and put the game in there, if u format the F drive and still says 0GB then your xbox is only 5GB. You can also put your game the E drive, make a folder called Games

3. coopzilla

coopzilla Member

No I didn't format my F drive. I am not shure how to do it i do not want to destroy my xbox by trying something i don't know how to do properly.

I successfuly uploaded my backup of soulcaliber in my E:Games folder thank you very much for your help. My game is working very good.

4. X4Life

X4Life Guest

ok to format yor F drive do this:
    ONLY FORMAT F DRIVE dont tuch the other ones
    this depends on your dashboard. which ever dashboard you have look for "format drive" unleashx is the best on for this one.
    if you have unleash go to:
    System> Format Menu> Format F drive

DONT FORMAT THE OTHER DRIVES

5. steimy

steimy Active member

It all depends on how the softmod set it up. Some you put the games on the F: partition, others are on the E: partition.
    Also make sure that in your system settings it is set to show (use) the F: partition as that is one of the options.

6. coopzilla

coopzilla Member

ok i got evox installed and boxplorer and i cant run mini linux cuz it freaks out.. guess I dont have the good update.. i cant read someone told me it because its the version 1.6 or something like that i dont remember

i cant figure out how to format it..i dont see nothing that says format partition nowhere..

and for the games they work good on the E: partition

thanks

7. X4Life

X4Life Guest

try and get the UnleashX dashboard and put it in your E drive. U can get it at the usual place (Xbins)

8. coopzilla

coopzilla Member

alright cool thanks again