Cant backup Ratatouille

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by akdeals, Jun 8, 2008.

1. akdeals

akdeals Member

I dont know if this is an old issue, since this is an old game. I searched but could not find an answer.

I have a hard modded xbox and have always used dvd2xbox to backup my games. However, recently when I tried to backup ratatouille; it copies to the HD fine. But when I try to play it, it just brings up a black screen that says the disk may be dirty. I also tried another progam... I think its call pxxloader. Anyway same issue with that one.

Is there some kind of encyption on this game that is not allowing me to copy it?

2. al1en2

al1en2 Member

i had the same problem with the superman game,
    it just boots to a black screen with no sound or anything
    and i have to restart the box. dont know whats the problem??

3. varnull

varnull Guest

I have an idea ... this game probably needs a hdd patch. look around for one.. it will usually be close to a torrent of the game.

Other methods are to make a backup disk, which will sometimes patch the xbe in a way that opens up the game, and then use that to load to the hdd ;)

Finally.. have a play about with your game region and IGR in the dash settings.. and if still no go check and clear E:\cache and any saves. Some games (full spectrum warrior notably) won't play from the hdd if there is a save made from a disk present.. strange but true...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2008
  4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I have a solution... i had this problem on one of my xboxes and not on another. Was playing it from the hard drive (on each xbox) which made my spidey sense tingle ie it ruled out the dvd as being 'dirty'. I was mooching around the folders and noticed there was an NTSC folder so, being as i had nothing to lose, (via Flashfxp) renamed one of the folders - 'VIDEOS/NTSC' to 'VIDEOS/PAL'. or vice versa if you have a PAL folder.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008