can't find the right dvd-r

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by rdxtreme, Jun 24, 2006.

1. rdxtreme

rdxtreme Regular member

okay look, when i first started with backups in 2004 they worked perfectly in the dvd drive.

ever since that batch I've never been able to get dvd-r that had the same dye and none ever worked on my xbox dvd drive for xbox game backups.

i've been playing all my games off the xbox hdd and then deleting them when i didn't want them anymore. i prefer to at least be ABLE to use the dvd-r when i want to.

so now its 2006 and i decided to test the discs to see what i had. well the old ones were the lovely ritekg03's that were just being stopped manufacturing of in 2004.

Disc Type: : DVD-R
    Book Type : DVD-R
    Manufacturer: : Ritek
    MID : RITEKG03
    Write speeds: : 1 X - 2 X
    Blank Capacity : 4.38 GB
    : 4489 MB
    : 4707321856 bytes

and my current ones are the infamous Taiyo Yuden's , which the modded ps2 loves and SUPPOSEDLY everything else, but my xbox doesn't. I have a phillips drive in my xbox 1.

Disc Type: : DVD-R
    Book Type : DVD-R
    Manufacturer: : unknown
    MID : TYG02
    Write speeds: : 1 X - 2 X - 4 X - 6 X - 8 X
    Blank Capacity : 4.38 GB
    : 4489 MB
    : 4707321856 bytes

the ritekg03's have a very dark purple dye... I hear the dye is the "ricoh" dye, but I don't have any sites that actually list the dye that the media use when I plan to buy.

for some reason I think i have tried ritekg04's but i'm not sure, do they have the same dark dye? if not, what does, I'll post a scan comparison of the dark dye vs. everything else not so dark. okay thanks in advance, bye.

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

My usual benchmark for xbox is Ritek G04.. Ridata 8X dvd-r, the silver ones with the purple sleeve on the tube have always worked well for me.

Over 500 successful burns. Work in all xboxes I have had through my hands. For some reason the RitekG04 Blue dvd 8X dvd-r didn't work in the philips drive. They typed the same but??? It's the xbox drives. They are just downright weird.