Can't get a connection!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mjeff36, Jul 28, 2005.

1. mjeff36

mjeff36 Member

Need some help guys, got a modded xbox with avalaunch dashboard and i can't connect to the pc via the router, i have dhcp enabled and the ip address in the xbox is 192.168.0.2 and when i put that in the pop up box in flashfxp and get "connection failed" also tried craxtion and got the same thing, i didn't mess with the ip address on my pc but do i need to change that to match the xbox's ip address? also i have a duox 2 chip installed, do i have to do anything to the chip? appreciate any feeedback on this matter.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2005
  2. jealousjo

jealousjo Guest

Configure your PC by selecting (automatically obtain an IP address) This shoud solve your router problem. Are you using the Xenium chip. Be sure the static ip is changed to dynamic ip on the main menu of the chip screen. Avalaunche will continue to search for an ip automatically. You do not have to restart your xbox unlike EvoX.
    Verify your settings and let me know what happens.

3. berty642

berty642 Regular member

4. mjeff36

mjeff36 Member

Well i finally got the xbox connected to the pc, but now when i drag the files to a folder using flashftp, avalaunch will freeze up on me and it won't finish ripping the game files, has anyone else had this problem and is there any solutions to this?

5. berty642

berty642 Regular member

Hi
    Try using craxtion to rip the games from the xbox to your pc

6. mjeff36

mjeff36 Member

Well i tried to rip a game using craxtion 4 but it only ripped 4.37mb of data from it, didn't rip the entire game, is there any settings i need to fix prior to using craxtion, it seems user friendly but it didn't rip the entire game, plus it said "error transferring files" please help.

7. berty642

berty642 Regular member

Hi
    What game are you trying to rip? is the disc clean? I never had to change any settings

8. mjeff36

mjeff36 Member

Well i tried to rip Doom 3 and also Ncaa Football 2004, doom 3 was in the process of ripping then it said "error transfering files" then it just stopped, and with ncaa i only got 4.37mb worth of data, i noticed that avalaunch was in a "freeze" mode when this happened, any suggestions?

9. mjeff36

mjeff36 Member

bump!