capturing AV from Xbox/Xbox360 to a handycam...

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by CMcGuinn, Jun 12, 2006.

1. CMcGuinn

CMcGuinn Member

my friend and I want to capture some gameplay footage of some multiplayer games. Im going to be buying a Sony DCR-HC26 that has its I LINK connection which allows av input. My main question that throwing me off is how do I capture the footage but still be able to see whats going on on my TV? Is there an rca splitter I can buy? Im assuming id need to tap into the output of the xbox.

I've also got an output on my TV (basic red/white/yellow) but the manual doesnt really explain how it works. If thats something that can assist me great, but Id really like the output to be s-video.

I do have an HDTV so Im using component. Getting a component output to the handycam would be great. But Id live with an S-video feed if its easier. I've tried searching online for a splitter but I must be searching with the wrong words. Any idea what splitters I have to choose from? Maybe a point in the right direction if possible? Thanks in advance for helping an AV newb lol

2. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

I don't do this, but I've got a friend who loves to hook the xbox up to his DVD recorder and record some sick gameplay footage. There are other ways I'm sure to get the video out to other things like handycams, but this seems like the easiest way to get your game footage onto a disc.

3. CMcGuinn

CMcGuinn Member

thanks for the advice. I bought a Samsung DVD Recorder and captured about 2hrs of footage. Works smoothly, now lets see what my editor can put together.